What Corvette Aficionados can look forward to at the 33rd CHGP at Mosport
Corvette Racers, Hi Performance Drivers and fans can expect more Action, more Track time, more Value on June 15-17 at the renowned Mosport International Raceway about one hour northeast of Toronto.
- Race groups for drivers and co-drivers: Vintage (pre 1962), Historic (1963-1972) G70+ (1973-1989) and Contemporary (after 1989).
- High Performance Driving Groups (HPDX) for drivers and co-drivers: Novice, intermediate and expert, Corvettes of all years prepared for track-day participation, under the auspices of the the National Corvette Museum’s program.
- Supervised Track Touring for drivers, co-drivers, spouses, family and friends: For all Corvettes, more fun than an amusement park.
- Parade laps, Car show and other activities.
More Track Time:
- Corvette Racers: A total of 4-1/2 hours consisting of 2 hours race groups, 1.5 hours HPDX and 1 hour Touring over all three days.
- Corvette High Performance Drivers: A total of 2-1/2 hours consisting of 1.5 hours HPDX and 1 hour Touring over all three days.
- Corvette Touring: A total of 1 hour consisting of sessions all three days.
- Race group entries: Starting from $495.
- HPDX entries: Starting from $375.
- Touring entries: Starting from $70 per session or $200 for weekend.
Sign up here:
High Performance Driving Group
Please download the appropriate form(s), print and complete the required information and payments to VARAC in the appropriate amounts. Please mail your completed forms, cheque or credit card information to the following address: (be sure to check for correct postal rates to Canada)
VARAC, c/o Bob DeShane
11 Cross Creek Road
Little Britain, Ontario
CANADA K0M 2C0
Corvette Celebrities: Johnny O’ Connell and Andy Pilgrim, Corvette Racing Team C5R and C6R legends, subject to schedules still to be confirmed, will co-drive, sign autographs, tell stories and hang out. Other celebs and personalities expected.
Share the 24 hours of Le Mans up close and personal: Efforts are underway to display live race footage on a large flat-screen TV, possibly with insights from Ron Fellows traveling with the Corvette Racing Team at Le Mans.
Sponsorship: By Wilson-Niblett Performance, www.corvettecanada.ca Canada’s #1 Corvette dealer with a Chevrolet high performance tradition going back 52 years.
Event Sanction: By Canadian Automobile Sport Clubs – Ontario Region, ASN Canada FIA
Event Organizer: By VARAC, Vintage Auto Racing Association of Canada, presenting its 33rd annual international event
HQ hotel: Accommodations can be arranged at the Quality Inn & Conference Center in Oshawa, ON about 30 minutes from Mosport, www.qualityhoteloshawa.ca $99 + taxes special rate.
Questions and help: Jhyde@nyc.rr.com 718-802-1104