|What's New This Week?
Be a Part of the Show
Long Center for the Performing Arts want to know if you:
- Love the theater?
- Do you have a warm smile and;
- a knack for helping guests feel welcomed and valued, enhancing their Long Center experience?
- Would you like to enjoy a show for free?
They are looking for volunteer greeters and ushers to assist theater goers. To learn more or inquire about volunteering, visit the volunteer website listing
or call 742-5664 x 101.
Learn to Howl with the Wolves
Wolf Park is having their volunteer orientation on Saturday, September 1st at 10am:
- orientation lasts two hours;
- park at orange entrance gates and meet outside main office;
- volunteers should be willing to work two shifts of 4-6 hours a month.
To learn more, email email@example.com or call 765-567-2265 ext. 103.
Horses and Disabled Persons
Therapeion Therapeutic Riding Center offers equine assisted programs for persons with disabilities for persons in Tippecanoe, White, and the surrounding counties:
- Volunteer orientation sessions; Saturday, August 18th from 9am - 1pm & Sunday, August 26th from 1pm - 5pm.
- Eight week fall session begins September 4th;
- training in safety, horse handling and grooming, behavior modification, and listening skills;
- work alongside the Therapeion instructor, helping the youth and adults in our programs build competence, confidence, cooperation while improving communications and learning skills.
Visit website for more information www.therapeiontrc.com or call (765) 414-8066.
If interested in learning about more volunteer opportunities, contact Amy at the
Singing the Blues
Greater Lafayette Commerce is seeking volunteers for the upcoming Jazz & Blues festival on August 25th to:
- setup from noon to 3pm;
- ticket booth from 4:30 to 7:30 or 9:30pm to Midnight;
- sell T-shirts from 4:30 to 7:30pm, 7 to 10pm or 9:30pm to Midnight.
To sign up, visit website: www.uptownjazzandblues.com or call Tiffany at 765-742-4044 ext 114.
Tippy Connect Tri-N-Run Training Series
This Training Series is the official training series of the Purdue Boilermaker Half Marathon taking place on October 20th. There will be a 5k/10k event on August 25th and a 15k on September 22nd...all as a training series for someone who's building up mileage to prepare for the Half Marathon in October. Volunteers are needed for:
- on-route directional assistance
- timing and general setup
Volunteers would need to meet at the north parking lot of Ross Ade Stadium between 7-8am until 10:30am for the 5k/10k and until 11:30am for the 15k. For more information email Tressa
or call 765-448-4100.
United Way Volunteer Center or visit:
Week of Caring
September 9 -16, 2012
United Way of Greater Lafayette's Week of Caring 2012 is just around the corner!
Last year, more than 450 volunteers completed over 70 projects at many local non-profit organizations during our annual Week of Caring. We need your help to make this year's event an even greater success.
If you want to participate, put together a team and sign up for your project online.
If you have questions you can visit the United Way Week of Caring page,email Amy Wood or call 765-742-9077 x 222.