To improve efficiency and eliminate waste, the Office of the Commissioner of Financial Regulation is no longer printing and mailing licenses and registrations for most applicants. Effective December 12, 2011, licenses and registrations issued by the Commissioner will be available as PDFs for printing from a secure license portal on the Commissioner's website. However, a paper license may be issued if the email address on record with the Agency is incomplete or missing.
Upon the issuance of the license or registration, an email will be sent to the individual or the licensing contact person to advise of the availability of the license/registration for printing. The document will be automatically deactivated 60 days after it was generated, or earlier if "removed" by the licensee. If a licensee needs to access the document after it has been deactivated (but prior to the license expiration date), the licensee may contact the Licensing Unit by telephone at 410-230-6155 to reactivate the document.
Things To Remember:
- Print and keep the PDF copy of your license and then mark & update once you have successfully downloaded or printed the document.
- Please keep your email address(es) UPDATED to receive proper updates and notices from regulators.
- Collection Agency, Consumer Loan, Installment Loan and Sales Finance licenses should use the Interim Change Application on the Commissioner's website.
- Add email@example.com to your "safe email contacts" to ensure correspondence from the Commissioner is delivered.
- Notices regarding the availability of branch licenses will be sent to the email address of the "Contact Employee" or "Principal Contact for Licensing."
- Review the top portion of your PDF License for additional messages or instructions.