|NACS Annual Meeting
2012-13 NACS Officers: (left to right) Bob Wigglesworth, Immediate Past President; Reid Demman, President; Ron Whitehead, President-Elect and Chuck Pearson, Vice President/Secretary/Treasurer
The National Association of County Surveyors held their Annual Board Meeting and Annual Business Meeting on March 27, 2012.
Special thank you to Warren Ward who gave a presentation during the meeting on the Four Corners Legacy.
The 2012-13 Board of Directors will take office on July 1st and are as follows:
Reid Demman, President
Ron Whitehead, President-Elect
Chuck Pearson, Vice President/Secretary/Treasurer
Bob Wigglesworth, Immediate Past President
Click Here to Download Contact Information for NACS Board of Directors
By: Warren Ward
The National Society of Professional Surveyors (NSPS) met May 4-6, 2012 in Charlotte, North Carolina. Various committee meetings took place on May 4, the NSPS Board of Governors met on May 5, and the NSPS Board of Directors met on May 6. I attended all three days as the NSPS Governor for the Professional Land Surveyors of Colorado, and Chair of the Government Practice Committee.
Click Here to Read More
April 20, 2012
- House Energy & Commerce Committee to Mark Up "Reconciliation" Bill: Medicaid Cuts on the Table - Action Needed!
- Agriculture Committees Near Completion of Farm Bill - Action Needed!
- Senate Appropriations Committee Approves FY 2013 T-HUD FY 2013 Appropriations Bill with CDBG Increase!
- Ways and Means Committee Votes to Eliminate the Social Services Block Grant
- House Agriculture Committee Votes to Cut Funding for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- House and Senate Move on Commerce, Justice, Science (CJS) Appropriations Bills
- House Passes Transportation Extension Bill - Conference Next
- Environmental Amendments Within the House Transportation Bill
- House Education and Workforce Committee Holds Hearing on Workforce Investment Improvement Act of 2012 (HR 4297)
- Department of Labor Releases Training and Employment Notice (TEN) No. 38-11 on the Benefits of Collaboration between State/Local Workforce Investment Boards and the Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) Program
- The IRS and Department of Treasury Issue Notice of Intent to Release Guidance on Normal Retirement Age (NRA) Rules for Governmental Plans
- House Passes Bill Restricting Executive Use of the Antiquities Act
- Senate Finance Committee to Explore Federal Tax Reform's Impact on State and Local Governments
- Large Urban County Caucus Holds 2012 Fly-In in Nation's Capital
Click Here to Read More