|AAGR Safety Meeting|
In April, we held our first AAGR Safety Meeting of 2012. If you weren't able to join us, you can download the presentation here. Our next meeting will be in July - I hope you can join us! Download the April presentation here.
|Slips and Falls|
Slips, trips and falls are occupational hazards that can be found in almost every type of work setting. It is estimated that 3.8 million disabling work injuries are caused each year by slips, trips, and falls.
Slips, trips, and falls cause 15 percent of all accidental deaths, second only to motor vehicle accidents.
One of the ways you can help prevent slips, trips and falls in your workplace is to ensure that your staff are wearing the right shoes. A tennis shoe is not a slip resistant shoe. We recommend Shoes for Crews for employees who work behind the counter in grocery stores and meat/fish markets.
|Workplace Safety is No Accident|
A well-planned safety and loss control program can help significantly reduce losses, contain insurance costs and lead to increased profits. Through loss control methods you will be able to:
- Achieve a safer, more efficient work environment.
- Realize cost savings on indirect expenses not covered by insurance.
- Reduce insurance premiums.
- Reduce claims frequency and improve experience modification.
- Improve training and staff safety consciousness.
- Improve employee morale.
- Develop policies and procedures necessary to keep your business running smoothly.
MySafetyPoint is a tool created to offer Farmers Business Insurance registered customers and agents with self-service safety, loss prevention, and risk management resources. Because we understand that many small to medium sized businesses don't have regular access to safety professionals, this site contains features that can help you to recognize hazards and implement controls to reduce risk. The site includes:
Click here for more information on how to access MySafetyPoint.
- Model programs and technical guides
- Newsletters and feeds to bulletins
- FREE streaming safety videos
- Access to DVD's and on line training
- Supervisor tool box safety talks
- Safety forms and checklists
- Self-assessment risk management tools
- Federal and State agency regulations
- Links to aligned vendors with safety solutions.