This display shows the most common employee injuries for the Retail industry. These types of losses are typical for your class of business. It's important to closely evaluate hazards related to each type of accident to gain a clear understanding of the 'root causes'. Then, you'll be well equipped to engage your employees and implement safety measures which reduce the risk and likelihood of these accidents. Please click on the links for helpful loss prevention references.
Need more information?
|Tips to Reduce & Manage Workplace Stress |
In this difficult economy, many of us are finding it harder than ever to cope with stress in the workplace. Regardless of occupation, seniority, or salary level, we're spending more and more of our work days feeling frazzled and out of control, instead of alert and relaxed.
While some stress is a normal part of the workplace, excessive stress can interfere with your productivity and reduce your physical and emotional health. Finding ways to manage workplace stress is not about making huge changes to every aspect of your work life or rethinking career ambitions. Rather, stress management requires focus on the one thing that's always within your control: YOU.
Visit the HelpGuide to learn how you can reduce stress in your workplace.
|Workplace Safety is No Accident|
A well-planned safety and loss control program can help significantly reduce losses, contain insurance costs and lead to increased profits. Through loss control methods you will be able to:
- Achieve a safer, more efficient work environment.
- Realize cost savings on indirect expenses not covered by insurance.
- Reduce insurance premiums.
- Reduce claims frequency and improve experience modification.
- Improve training and staff safety consciousness.
- Improve employee morale.
- Develop policies and procedures necessary to keep your business running smoothly.
MySafetyPoint is a tool created to offer Farmers Business Insurance registered customers and agents with self-service safety, loss prevention, and risk management resources. Because we understand that many small to medium sized businesses don't have regular access to safety professionals, this site contains features that can help you to recognize hazards and implement controls to reduce risk. The site includes:
Click here for more information on how to access MySafetyPoint.
- Model programs and technical guides
- Newsletters and feeds to bulletins
- FREE streaming safety videos
- Access to DVD's and on line training
- Supervisor tool box safety talks
- Safety forms and checklists
- Self-assessment risk management tools
- Federal and State agency regulations
- Links to aligned vendors with safety solutions.