|Around the Museum in 80 Steps |
A Special After-Hours Party
Held Throughout the Museum
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Come and see all the changes that will be completed just in time for this event:
- New American Indian Collections exhibit, installed through the generous support of the Yakima Valley Community Foundation.
- 100 new pairs of shoes in the Head Over Heels Over Heels exhibit exchanged by guest collector David Childs.
- New model dwellings in the Yakamas at Home exhibit.
- Recent donation of the newly refurbished McWhorter Sheepwagon.
- And many more exciting updates and changes.
If you are a museum member, or are interested in becoming a member, this is your opportunity to see all the exciting things happening at your museum. Join or renew your membership while you are here.
We will also use this occassion to honor our hardworking volunteers, who dedicate their time and effort to all areas of the museum's operations. And there will be a quick annual membership meeting at 6:00.
This event is free and open to all, but please R.S.V.P.
|11-11-11 USO Show|
November 11, 2011
Veterans Day falls on
11-11-11 this year. What better time to celebrate with a USO show! Guest artist Leonard Piggee and the Yakima Symphony Chorus with Director Scott Peterson will be teaming up again to honor our troops. Peterson and Piggee performed together in "real" USO shows on a 1974 USO tour which included Korea, Japan, Okinawa, Taiwan, the Philippine Islands, and Guam.
6:00 Supper & Drinks
7:00 USO Program
Tickets $40 per person
Available at the museum
Also available online or by calling 248-0747
For more information, click here.
|Milk bottles, Moxee and Memories|
|To access our full Fall 2011 newsletter in PDF format, |
download it here.