News from the Office of the City Administrator
Reminder about City of Oakland Holiday Service Impacts;
Business Closure Scheduled Next Monday, November 29
Public Safety Not Affected
Due to budget cutbacks, the City of Oakland will suspend administrative and other City services on Monday, November 29 as part of an effort to balance the City's 2009-2011 budget. City offices also will be closed on Thursday, November 25 and Friday, November 26 in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. Police, fire and emergency services will not be affected.
Specific Service Impacts:
· Thursday, November 25 (Thanksgiving Day): meter holiday.
· Friday, November 26: enforcement throughout the city for all violations.
· Monday, November 29: enforcement throughout the city for all violations.
· No street sweeping will occur.
· Serious emergencies will be responded to, such as sewer overflows, traffic signal outages, objects completely blocking the street to vehicle traffic and major flooding conditions. Call 510.777.3333.
Oakland Public Library
· Thursday, November 25 and Friday, November 26: all library locations and services closed.
· Library services resume Saturday, November 27, 10 am to 5:30 pm.
· Monday, November 29: All libraries and services closed.
· Tuesday, November 30: Main Library reopens, 10 am to 5:30 pm. Branch libraries closed.
· Wednesday, December 1: Branch libraries reopen, 10 am to 5:30 pm.
Oakland Animal Shelter
· Closed on Thursday, November 25 and Friday, November 26.
· Open normal weekend hours on Saturday and Sunday, November 27 and 28: 12 to 5 pm
· Open normal hours on Monday, November 29: 3 to 7 pm.
Oakland Parks and Recreation
· Parks will be open; however, restrooms will be closed and staff will not be on-site.
· The gates to Joaquin Miller Park will be closed, but trails will be accessible to the public.
· North, Downtown, West and East Senior Centers will be closed.
Head Start/Early Head Start Programs
· Head Start and Early Head Start sites will be closed on Thursday and Friday, November 25 and 26.
· Sites will be open on Monday, November 29.