Summer Clearance Sale going on NOW!
Get the best deals on your favorite summer clothing and accessories - just in time for great fall cycling!
- 30% off Men's Summer Clothing - Pearl Izumi shorts, jerseys and more!
- 30-50% Women's Summer Clothing - LUNA and Pearl Izumi skorts, shorts, and tops!
- 25-40% off Cycling Shoes and Sandals - Keen, Shimano and Pearl Izumi!
- Up to 60% off Select Products - check out the SUMMER BLOWOUT section in each store!
- Select bicycles are on sale, too!
Now through Labor Day or while supplies last. Some exceptions apply. Does NOT include fall clothes, jackets or vests or special-order purchases. In-store only.
Cyclocross 101 Clinic
(Or: Learn to Run Up a Hill Wearing a Perfectly Rideable Bike)
When: Thursday, September 8, 2011, 6:00 - 8:00pm
Where: Reagan Park in Medina, Ohio
(Baseball Field Entrance, at 550 East Reagan Parkway off Foote Road)
Men and Women of all ages and abilities are welcome!
What to Expect:
What To Bring:
- Cyclocross basics - bikes, preparation, gear, training, Q&A
- Skill stations - mounting/dismounting, small obstacles, and more
- CX bike demos - for test riding and comparison
What To Do
- Bicycle (any style OK)
- Bike helmet (required)
- Cowbell (optional)
Presented by Century Cycles and
5 Tips: Care and feeding of your bicycle's chain
There are three reminders we provide to every new bicycle buyer: 1) Check your tire pressure before every ride, 2) Bring your bike in for your FREE 90-Day tune-up, and 3) Regularly clean and lubricate your chain.
Reminder #3 is important for ensuring the smooth operation and long-term durability of your bike's drive train. How exactly should you go about cleaning and lubricating your chain? These 5 Tips should help get you started:
For more details about each of the above steps, see this complete article:
- Do a "quick and easy" cleaning using a rag and some degreasing solvent.
- For a complete and thorough cleaning, use a chain cleaning device.
- Apply lubricant to the chain and wipe off the excess.
- If you do anything at all, it's better than doing nothing.
- Check your chain periodically for wear.
5 Tips: Care and feeding of your bicycle's chain
Century Cycles is proud to be the exclusive bicycle shop sponsor of STOMP (the Summit Tour of Metro Parks), one of the largest bicycle touring events in Northeast Ohio. Registration includes breakfast, lunch, SAG support, live music and more. Route options are 63, 25, and 10 miles.
Online registration and more information are available at: www.stompbikeride.com
Register to win a FREE Raleigh Detour 4.5 bicycle! The drawing will be held the day of the event; no purchase necessary; winner need not be present. Entry forms can be found at Century Cycles stores in Peninsula, Medina, and Rocky River.
We're the Best of the Best!Century Cycles is honored to be voted Best Bike Shop in Medina County by the readers of The Gazette newspaper! As a six-time winner of this award, we want to once again thank our amazing customers and staff for choosing Century Cycles. We will continue to strive to bring YOU the "best of the best" every day and on every bike ride!
What We Ride: Paul Gallmeier Paul Gallmeier
has been on the part-time sales staff at the Century Cycles store in Peninsula
His Raleigh Alley Way
bicycle has an internally-geared 8-speed hub, with a clean-running belt drive. Paul says, "It would look at home on the streets of London," but it's also perfect for rides on the Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail as well as short errands around the neighborhood.
To learn more about Paul's Alley Way, including what else he likes about it and the accessories he has added, see this article:
What We Ride: Paul Gallmeier
Take our latest online poll!
We all like our music, and most of us also like to enjoy it while shopping. Whether it's rock, classical, jazz, or otherwise, we'd like to know what kind of music you like to hear while shopping in our stores.
What kind of music do you prefer to hear while shopping in a bicycle store?
Click the link to take our latest online poll and let us know!
Last month's online poll asked, "What is your favorite cycling movie?"
The overwhelming favorite among our readers was "Breaking Away
," with over 47% of the votes cast. Coming in close at second and third were "American Flyers
" (almost 22%) and Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
(14.5%). A number of interesting write-in votes were cast, mostly for smaller, independent films about cycling events and adventures, like "Race Across the Sky" and "Ride the Divide," and of course (how could we have forgotten to include it?!?) the classic animated "Triplets of Belleville." You can see the full results of the last poll here
More Upcoming Events!
- Bike Night at Deagan's Kitchen & Bar in Lakewood, every Thursday after 5pm, now through October 13. Ride your bicycle to Deagan's, and get 15% off your total bill, plus register to win a Raleigh Detour Deluxe bike!
- The Manatoc Experience in Peninsula, Sept. 3. Century Cycles will be on hand Saturday at Northeast Ohio's largest mountain biking festival! Get expert technical support for your bike, and demo cyclocross and 29er mountain bikes from Raleigh Bicycles!
- Hancock Horizontal Hundred - Ride the region's flattest century ride on Sept. 11, and check out the deals at Century Cycles' expo tent the night before.
- Night Rides on the Towpath Trail - Four scheduled rides remaining this season!
- Saturday, August 27
- Saturday, September 17
- Saturday, October 1
- Saturday, October 15 ("All Hail the Ale!" Night Ride for Cleveland Beer Week)
|Define your life. Ride a bike.™
1079 N. Court St. (Route 42, in the K-Mart Plaza) Medina, OH 44256 mapPhone: 330-722-71191621 Main St. (Route 303)Peninsula, OH 44264 mapPhone: 330-657-220919955 Detroit Rd. (between Wooster and Wagar roads)Rocky River, OH 44116 mapPhone: 440-356-5705www.centurycycles.com