The Friends of Madera Canyon 25th Anniversary Celebration is this Saturday, April 14th, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. We hope you will be there.
- Friends old and new
- Guided nature and birding walks
- Hikes from gentle to strenuous
- Geology and history presentations
- Live reptiles
- Plein air painters at work
- Photo contest display
- Natural history specimens
- Canyon geology
- Creative, hands-on activities for children
- Nature activities for older children and preteens
- Yvette Gonzales and the Rainy Creek Band
- Outlaw BBQ Chuckwagon
The schedule for the day is available online. Advance registration is required for hikes. Information is on the schedule page.
The Forest Service is waiving parking fees for the day. With many people expected in the canyon you may enjoy car pooling with friends.
Even if your Saturday schedule only allows for a brief visit, please be a part of this special day.