I hope 2011 is treating you well. I'm honored to be the president of PWI for 2011. I would like to thank Cathi Marx for her outstanding job as President in 2010, she's going to be a hard act to follow.
Your participation in PWI can and does provide a positive change in the community in which we live. Your continued dedication in 2011 will:
- Raise money for homeless women in need of job training and provide gently used professional clothing for job interviews
- Raise funds for domestic violence shelters for women and their children fleeing abusive and dangerous situations
- Collect donations for the pet safehouse program
PWI is mixing things up a bit this year Breakfast Meetings, Luncheons, Networking Events as well as our Annual Fund Raisers. Please save the date to attend our Annual Fashion Show being held at the Handlery Hotel on May 13th, Jockey line will be show cased along with another vendor. This is always a great opportunity to connect with friends and raise money for charity. This is an event you won't want to miss.
I truly hope you will join us in some capacity. We are committed to making a big difference in the community. One of the ways we do this is through the charities we support.
Best wishes for a healthy and prosperous year!
PWI President, 2011
Breakfast Meeting on Friday, Feb 11, 2011
Speaker: John Rodolff
John Rodolff is President of Venture Builder, Inc., a business consulting firm. John works exclusively with professional service providers and shows them how to grow revenues. Typically, his clients enjoy annual revenue increases that range from 40% to more than 170%.
Having been a consultant for the last 15 years, John understands the challenges that professionals face in acquiring new clients and retaining them. His proprietary BizBuilder System™ is designed to enable professionals to build their practices, even in today's economy, where many are losing contracts, being pressured to cut prices, or having their hours reduced.
You Say You're Unique. But Are You?
John Rodolff, President
Venture Builder, Inc.
What makes you unique? Is it your customer service? Your expertise? Your years in the industry? But wait. Isn't that just what your competitors say about themselves? Standing out from your competition is especially important in the current economy, as companies are losing contracts and being pressured to reduce their fees. This presentation will show you how to develop a competitive edge for your business.
Attendees will learn:
- What is wrong with common responses to the question "What makes your practice different?";
- The criteria that any true competitive advantage has to satisfy;
- A three-step method for developing competitive advantages;
- How a previously "me-too" professional practice developed true competitive advantages; and
- Three practical benefits of having competitive advantages.
This is an event you do not want to miss.
Register for the February breakfast now!
2011 First Ever San Diego Insurance Community Walkathon!!!
To Benefit: Rady Children's Hospital
Email causing too much stress? It might be in part because you have way too many email addresses. How many is too many? Well, that depends. But in our experience, we have found that anything over...
Hello PWI Members!
Please feel free to take advantage of this FREE Employment section of the Newsletter to post current job openings you or your company may have open. Your ad will run for one month and interested candidates can contact you directly.
If you would like to place an ad, please contact Sharlene Theakston, at San Diego
Insurance Staffing, and indicate you would like to post a job in the PWI Newsletter.
www.Sharlene@sdistaffing.com OR 888-528-8367
San Diego Insurance Staffing
- C/L & P/L CSR's / Account Manager's needed for temp-to-hire and direct hire positions. San Diego
- Commercial Underwriters needed for San Diego. Temp-to-Hire and Direct Hire
- Employee Benefits positions available (Account Manager and Analyst). Temp-to -hire and direct hire
- Sales Producers, Commercial. Commission only OR draw. San Diego County. Direct Hire
- Auto and Property Adjusters for various companies throughout San Diego
- CL Account Manager with 'Entertainment' experience. Office located North of L.A. Direct Hire
- Commercial Adjuster with E&O adjusting experience. Rancho Bernardo. Temp-to-Hire.
**To view other jobs San Diego Insurance Staffing has open, please go to www.sdistaffing.com and click on 'Job Openings.'**
To inquire about any of the jobs above, or if you have any questions, please contact Sharlene Theakston at www.sdistaffing.com OR 888-528-8367
San Diego Insurance Staffing also offers a FREE Resource Career Center, on-line, at www.insurancecareeronline.com. You will get free access to: How to write a resume, Interviewing tips, Personality Profile tests, Job Searches, and much more.
Thank you to our Newsletter Sponsor!
If you would like to be a Newsletter Sponsor for 2011, please contact Julie Brown, 888-528-8367 or email@example.com
Click here for our calendar of events and to RSVP for an event
February 11, 2011
Speaker: John Rodolff
You Say You're Unique, But Are You?
March 3, 2011
March 11, 2011
Kathleen Kerstenbeck - 02/06
Check out our website:
Let us know what you think by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
|Want to share your accomplishments?|
|We would love to list member awards acheivements, promotions and announcements in future newsletters. Send your info and contact information to Naimesh R. Shah at the following email address: email@example.com We would be happy to let other members know what you have been up to!|
|Other Industry Events|
IBA San Diego
San Diego Insurance Women