It is the time for vacations, family BBQ's, long evenings on the porch and walks along the beach after work. Nothing beats living in San Diego. On behalf of your PWI board we wish you a safe summer full of good times and fresh air. Drive safely, use plenty of sun block and watch those kids in the pool..stay in front of the lifeguard station when in the ocean and...hey just be careful out there!
Summer also brings our July 9th Luncheon with two of our members on the most fascinating subjects to kick off our summer! Who doesn't want to know about Technology Zen and how to balance our life with technology! There must be an app for that right ? Naimesh will tell us how.
In addition, Julie Brown will talk about Personal Branding and how to position ourselves for success by putting our best "us" out there. I hope to see you there to learn, listen and share.
Don't forget to sign up for our Golf Tournament on August 13th at Carleton Oaks! Our committee has been working hard for several months to make it another smashing success! Thank you to everyone who has signed up to be a sponsor already. Your generosity is so appreciated.
So be safe out there, learn about technology and a life balance and how to brand yourself as the best you can be. We can't wait to see you, be there for you, celebrate with you and support you.
Cathi Marx, ALCM, COSS, CHS-V
PWI President 2010
P.S Please take our "Technology Habits" Survey prior to out July meeting. We would love to have your input even if you are not able to attend the meeting!
|Next Luncheon- July 9, 2010|
What Face Do You Want to Show the
World and How Do You Want to
Position Yourself for Success?
How to manage technology
Please take out "Technology Habits"
Survey for this meeting even if you don't plan on attending.
There will be a member attendance raffle at this meeting. If your name is drawn and you are there, you win $25 Cash! If not in attendance you don't get the $ it rolls to $50 for September!
See you there!
|Golf Tournament and Spa Day - August 13th|
To Sponsor this Event or for more information, please click here!
YWCA Battered Women's Shelter & OPT Program at Grossmont College
Sequoia Insurance Company
Register Here to Play Golf or Attend the Spa!
Congratulations to Kimbra Pederson on winning the Associate Member of the Year award from IBA San Diego. We wish you the best on your move to Indianapolis and your nuptials in the fall!!
|Want to share your accomplishments? |
We would love to list member acheivements, awards, announcements, and promotions in future newsletters. Send your info and contact information to Julie Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to let other members know what you have been up to!
8 Ways that you can support OPT
- Attend the Golf Tournament on August 13, 2010
- Use www.GOODSEARCH.com as your search engine and when asked "Who do you search for? Put in Grossmont College. OPT gets $.01 each time.
- Ralphs - Sign up on www.Ralphs.com and list the non-profit organizaion (NPO) of 82387 and OPT will get credit from your purchases.
- Donate Auction Items - Silent and Live Auction Items needed for Mentor nights in March and October each year. Contact Dr. Mary Leslie at 619-644-7533 to donate.
- Got Old Cell Phones? Bring your donations to the OPT office Room 512B or contact their office at 619-644-7247
- Purchase an OPT Cookbook. Contact Dr. Mary Leslie or buy them at the fashion show on April 16th
- Recycle for OPT - deliver Rinsed cans and bottles (CA-CRV only) to the OPT office Room 512B or call to schedule a bulk pickup at your place of business. You can also redeem your recycleables for cash and donate the proceeds to OPT. Contact Dr. Mary Leslie 619-644-7533for drop-off or pick-up arrangements.
Thank you to our Newsletter Sponsor
If you would like to be a Newsletter Sponsor for 2010, please contact Julie Brown, 888-528-8367 or email@example.com
August 5, 2010
August 13, 2010
September 2, 2010
September (Date TBD)
October 7, 2010
October 8, 2010
November 4, 2010
Board Meeting-Planning for 2011
December 3, 2010
Cathi Marx 7/4
Nancy Trejo 7/4
Carmen Hagblom 7/11
Julie Brown 7/19
Darlyn Regan 7/26
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by its breathtaking moments."
Please feel free to take advantage of this FREE Employment section of the Newsletter to post current job openings you or your company may have open. Your ad will run for one month and interested candidates can contact you directly.
If you would like to place an ad, please contact Sharlene Theakston and indicate you would like to post a job in the PWI Newsletter. Sharlene@sdistaffing.com OR 888-528-8367
San Diego Insurance Staffing has IMMEDIATE OPENINGS FOR THE FOLLOWING;
· Nurse Case Manager for Workers Comp Company, San Diego.
· C/L & P/L CSR's / Account Manager's needed for temp-to-hire and direct hire positions. San Diego.
· Employee Benefits positions available (Account Manager and Analyst). In San Diego andn Orange Counties.Temp-to -hire and direct hire.
· Sales Producers, Commercial and Employee Benefits. Commission only OR draw. San Diego County. Direct Hire.
To view other jobs San Diego Insurance Staffing has open, please go to www.sdistaffing.com and click on 'Job Openings OR call 888-528-8367
FREE Resource Career Center, on-line, at www.insurancecareeronline.com.com
Sign-up and get free access to: How to write a resume, Interviewing tips, Personality Profile tests, Job Searches, and much more.
|Ask an Expert|
Need Help? Click here for our contact form and it will be sent to one of our member experts.
Check out our new website: www.pwisd.org
Membership dues for 2010 are now 1/2 price for the rest of 2010!
Applications are now online and you can pay online by credit card or mail your check.
Click here to complete your application for an individual or corporate membership online.