We are always inspired by stories of perseverance and survival. Our February luncheon speaker was both awe inspiring and inspirational.
Jennifer was a young mother starting at 18 and two children by the time she was 19. She waitressed for several years but was let go due to the economy. Although depressed with two children and no income she decided she would get her GED, then signed up for the OPT program at Grossmont College. Jennifer completed the course with a 4.0. Shortly after graduating she was hired at State Farm where she is currently working. She is extremely grateful for the program and the positive changes in her life.
Thank you Jennifer for trusting us with your story. !
Our next luncheon event is March 12th at 11:30 am at the Admiral Baker Club. Our speaker will be Patricia Wenskunas who is a survivor of attempted murder and childhood abuse. She is the Founder and CEO of the nonprofit organization, Crime Survivors, Inc. Click the link below to register to attend!
See you there!
Cathi Marx, ALCM, COSS, CHS-V
PWI President 2010
|March 12th Luncheon|
Join us for lunch and networking with our speaker, Patricia Wenskunas, who is a survivor of attempted murder and childhood abuse. She is the Founder and CEO of the nonprofit organization, Crime Survivors, Inc.
She has spent the last several years empowering victims of crime to survive and thrive while bringing awareness and prevention to our communities.
Because her organization provides "survival kits" to victims of abuse and violence, please feel free to bring donations of any items listed below to the luncheon.
- Mini first aid kits
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Small stuffed animals
- Mini Tissues
- Lip Balm
- Hand sanitizer
- Decks of cards
Every PWI member who brings a guest to our March luncheon will qualify for a special raffle prize.
|Fashion Show - April 16, 2010|
We will have Wonderful Fashions, a Delicious Lunch, Merchandise Vendors and Great Networking Opportunities ...
Sponsorship's are Available:
GRAND DIVA $1,000
(Includes 8 Luncheon Tickets)
SUPER MODEL $500
(Includes 4 Luncheon Tickets)
(Includes 2 Luncheon Tickets)
The sooner you sign up as a Sponsor
the more advertising you get.....
OPT/ Invest Program at Grossmont College
To Purchase a Lunch Ticket click here
To sponsor the event click here or
contact Nancy Ladd at 619-744-6495
|Want to share your accomplishments? |
We would love to list member acheivements, awards, announcements, and promotions in future newsletters. Send your info and contact information to Julie Brown, email@example.com and we would be happy to let other members know what you have been up to!
8 Ways that you can support OPT
- Attend the Fashion Show on April 16, 2010
- Bring Gently Used Professional Clothing to the Fashion Show on April 16th
- Use www.GOODSEARCH.com as your search engine and when asked "Who do you search for? Put in Grossmont College. OPT gets $.01 each time.
- Ralphs - Sign up on www.Ralphs.com and list the non-profit organizaion (NPO) of 82387 and OPT will get credit from your purchases.
- Donate Auction Items - Silent and Live Auction Items needed for Mentor nights in March and October each year. Contact Dr. Mary Leslie at 619-644-7533 to donate.
- Got Old Cell Phones? Bring your donations to the OPT office Room 512B or contact their office at 619-644-7247
- Purchase an OPT Cookbook. Contact Dr. Mary Leslie or buy them at the fashion show on April 16th
- Recycle for OPT - deliver Rinsed cans and bottles (CA-CRV only) to the OPT office Room 512B or call to schedule a bulk pickup at your place of business. You can also redeem your recycleables for cash and donate the proceeds to OPT. Contact Dr. Mary Leslie 619-644-7533for drop-off or pick-up arrangements.
Membership dues for 2010 are overdue.
Applications are now online and you can pay online by credit card or mail your check.
Click here for an individual membership application.
Click her for a Corporate Membership Application.
Thank you to our
If you would like to be a Newsletter Sponsor for 2010, please contact Julie Brown, 888-528-8367 or firstname.lastname@example.org
March 4, 2010
March 12, 2010
April 1, 2010
April 16, 2010 (NEW DATE)
July 9, 2010
August 5, 2010
August 13, 2010
September 2, 2010
September (Date TBD)
October 7, 2010
October 8, 2010
November 4, 2010
Board Meeting-Planning for 2011
December 3, 2010
Jennifer Marchewka 3/13
Jody Talbot 3/13
"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all."
Please feel free to take advantage of this FREE Employment section of the Newsletter to post current job openings you or your company may have open. Your ad will run for one month and interested candidates can contact you directly.
If you would like to place an ad, please contact Sharlene Theakston and indicate you would like to post a job in the PWI Newsletter. Sharlene@sdistaffing.com OR 888-528-8367
San Diego Insurance Staffing has
IMMEDIATE OPENINGS FOR THE FOLLOWING:
· Production WC Underwriter and · Nurse Case Manager for Work Comp Company, San Diego. Direct Hire.
· Employee Benefits positions available (Account Manager and Analyst). Temp-to -hire and direct hire.
To view other jobs San Diego Insurance Staffing has open, please go to www.sdistaffing.com and click on 'Job Openings.
To inquire about any of the jobs above, or if you have any questions, please contact Sharlene Theakston at www.sdistaffing.com OR 888-528-8367
FREE Resource Career Center, on-line, at www.insurancecareeronline.com
Sign-up and get free access to: How to write a resume, Interviewing tips, Personality Profile tests, Job Searches, and much more.
Check out our new website: www.pwisd.org
|Ask an Expert|
Need Help? Click here for our contact form and it will be sent to one of our member experts.