|Pick Up New Exam ID Numbers and Last Semester's Exams |
ID Numbers and Spring 2011 exam return Sept. 6-12
Pick up new fall exam id numbers (and last spring's exams) this week.
Sept. 6 - 12, 10 am - 4 pm, Rm. B8 in the 198 building. Bring photo ID.
UCSHIP Insurance Waiver Deadline 9/7/2011
Deadline to waive UCSHIP is this Wednesday
The deadline to waive UC SHIP (UC Student Health Insurance Program) or file an appeal is Wednesday, September 7 at 11:59 pm. For more information, please go here.
Want to take a class with Prof. Hazard before he retires?
Professional Responsibility Seminar with Geoff Hazard
Professor Hazard will retire at the end of this academic year. If there is sufficient student interest, he would like to teach a professional responsibility seminar this spring, probably on Fridays every other week. Please email email@example.com and write 'Spring Professional Responsibility Seminar' in the subject line if you are interested or have questions. Students will not be required to enroll in this course--should it be offered--by showing interest now.
|Get a Job! |
Current student openings
Note: Job postings may be updated more than once a week. Please visit the Current Student Openings page if you are interested in staying up-to-date.
More (unpaid) opportunities to learn and grow
- ASUCH has several opportunities for students seeking to impact UC Hastings' policies and community engagement. Please see the ASUCH webpage for details.
- Eviction Defense Collaborative EDC seeks Interns and Volunteers to interview and counsel tenants on the eviction process, to prepare necessary court filings, and to assist with our Rental Assistance component. Training in Landlord-Tenant law and the eviction process is provided, as well as preparing you to counsel tenants facing eviction or needing rental assistance. Contact Steph St. Clair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tenants Together: Over the last 3 years, over 500,000 tenants have been displaced from their homes as a result of their landlord's foreclosure. Become a Tenant Foreclosure Hotline Counselor to help. (You'll receive training.) Contact Leah Simon Weisberg at email@example.com.
- Sonoma Burrito: $3.99 Seasoned Scrambled Eggs, Shredded Jack & Cheddar, Fire Roasted Salsa, Chicken Apple Sausage
- Caesar's Chicken Wrap & Free 21 oz Fountain Drink: $5.50 Seasoned Grilled Chicken Breast, Crisp Romaine Lettuce & Fresh Tomato, Shaved Parmesan Cheese, Creamy Caesar Dressing
|Events Calendars |
Always something going on!
Happenings emails with upcoming events go out on Thursdays, but you can always find plenty to do by visiting the following calendars for yourself:
|Get Your Word Out |
Promote your events, mission, and accomplishments
- News: The weekly "Announcements" will be distributed every Monday at noon. If you have a message you would like to see included, please submit the text to firstname.lastname@example.org by the Thursday prior at noon. Include a very short blurb and a link to where more information can be found. Note that your message may be edited for brevity and clarity.
- Events: A weekly "Happenings" email is scheduled to send every Thursday at noon. For inclusion of your event, please fill out the events form and include a link (if you have one) by the prior Tuesday at noon.
- Social Media: If you have a message that you would like to introduce to the UC Hastings community through social media, simply post it on the school's official Facebook page (www.facebook.com/uchastings) or reference the Twitter handle @uchastingslaw. Pictures and video from your events are doubly welcome!
- Digital Display: If you are designing a poster for your event and would like to have that image shown through the digital display in the lobby of 200 McAllister (Mary Kay Kane Hall), email email@example.com.