The Big Grass Manifesto
Big Grass lifestyle is one of elegant simplicity and adventure,
appreciation of natural beauty and creativity, and respect for the
world around us.
At Big Grass, we believe in the wonder of discovery.
We believe that when we open our minds and hearts to new ideas and
different ways of life, we all become closer in this global community.
We believe that bringing our customers artisan treasures from around
the world enriches their lives. Just as importantly, it also helps
keep families and villages together, preserving native traditions that
otherwise would be lost. We believe great style can be sustainable, and
that no one should have to choose between today's needs and desires or
our children's future.
Big Grass Now Hiring for
Design Industry Sales Team Leader
Be Part of the Big Grass Mission
At Big Grass, we have a vision - and a plan - for becoming a premier sustainable lifestyle brand in the U.S. To achieve this vision, we seek to grow our business by building a team of talented, inspired people who are passionate about sustainability, cultural diversity and fabulous design. We invite you to join us on this journey and add a little Big Grass to your life.The Opportunity
Big Grass Bamboo is building a new wholesale/trade division to work directly with the design trade across the United States. To ensure success, Big Grass is recruiting for a key role as Design Trade Sales Leader
. This is an unparalleled career opportunity to shape the structure and lead the growth of an entire side of the business.
The Design Trade Sales Leader will work directly with Big Grass Bamboo ownership and external counsel to develop a comprehensive trade sales program, including identification of markets, creation of product/material documentation, and development/management of trade industry relationships. This role will allocate approximately half its time working directly with members of the design industry and consulting with clients. The remaining time will be allocated toward coordination of sales and marketing events including participation in trade shows, and coordination of in-store or industry social/promotional events.
Recruitment for this position will remain active until the right candidate is identified.Qualifications
In addition to having a passion for Big Grass Bamboo's core values of sustainability and cultural diversity, the ideal background for this catalytic role will include:
Passion for the Mission
- Deep passion for sustainability and application of sustainability principles in design
- Respect for preservation of native cultures through education about impact of trade and cultural authenticity
- And open perspective with appreciation for cultural influences and diversity; enthusiasm about creative and artistic expression through design
Design Industry Expertise
- Formal training (at the undergraduate or graduate level) in design, ASID or IIDA certification or allied membership
- An understanding of the interior design, architecture, and landscape architecture fields and knowledge of design trade terminology and processes
- A minimum of two years work experience in the design/architecture fields, preferably with exposure to sales activities including trade shows and design markets
- A natural curiosity and desire to learn about how and why items are made, product/material construction, and the origins of design
Passion for Driving the Business
- A strong desire to become an integral part of growing the Big Grass Bamboo brand into a national presence over a period of five to ten years
- Sales experience, whether in a retail or in a business-to-business environment, and an ability to uncover client needs and address purchase motivators
- Collaborative approach with clients and colleagues for problem-solving, revenue generation and quality enhancement
- Self-reliant and self-directed. A determined attitude and the ability to drive business, generate ideas and provide input/opinions without significant oversight
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively deliver persuasive information to close sales in person or by phone
- Strong sales administration skills, including familiarity with sales CRM/contact management software, and ability to follow through on tasks/commitments
- Initially travel 10% of time within the Texas market, with increase to 25% travel throughout Southern & Southwestern U.S. within two years, including management of a presence in Dallas Market Center or other design markets
Commensurate with experience. During onboarding and training period, compensation will be 100% salary-based, with gradual shift to mutually agreed-upon salary/commission structure over six months.
Big Grass Bamboo is an employer of choice for those passionate about sustainability, creativity and great design. We work with our employees to develop compensation plans that best meet the needs of both employees and the business in order to ensure longevity and stability. We pride ourselves on open, responsive relationships to maximize the contributions and satisfaction of every employee.