OPALs Header
OPALs Logo
OPALs Activities
September 2012
CH_Sensational Life 250x166
Moonbow Phenomenon


Few places in the world frequently feature spray moonbows. Such sites in the United States include several waterfalls in Yosemite National Park, California; Cumberland Falls, near Corbin, Kentucky;and Waimea on the Hawaiian Island of Kauai. Victoria Falls, in Africa on the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe, is also widely known for spray moonbow.

Did You Know...

It's a fact that 30% of how we age is determined by genetics and the remaining 70% is determined by the lifestyle choices we make... including physical activity.

More than 35 chronic diseases are directly impacted by only 30 minutes of physical activity a day resulting in increased mobility and can also save your life.



Quick Links

OPALs Founder
Carolyn Hartfield
A true Baby Boomer!  Carolyn is a Natural Health and Holistic Nutrition Practitioner, She is also a certified Outings leader and certified in Wilderness First Aid.  She is a professional speaker whose primary topic title is "Seasoned and Savoring in the Spices of Life!"  It includes her Seven Steps to a Sensational, yet Simple Life.

She is former owner of a small health food store chain, A'CEE Natural Foods. She is a business partner with Constant Contact and has earned the title of being an 'Expert' with their products. 

Carolyn can be contacted by email or by telephone at 678.231.4973.  Or visit her website for more information.

I encourage you to join her and...

LOVE Unconditionally,
LAUGH Out Loud,
LEARN Something New Everyday,
LIVE Strong & Long...and
DANCE like no one is watching!!!



Cumberland Falls
Cumberland Falls
My fellow OPALs...join me as I continue to celebrate my birthday...I now celebrate no less than one day for each year I am old, so that takes me to November 9th!  Actually I celebrate every day of life!

My good friend Evonne planned this trip for me/us to Cumberland Falls in Kentucky.  Read about this great Moonbow Phenomenon!  We will be privileged to view this event that occurs only in a few places worldwide...WOW!  I am truly looking forward to it and hope you plan to join us.

OCTOBER 25 - 28, 2012
Click Here for more information

Cumberland Falls is known as the "Niagara of the South," the 125-foot wide curtain of water is dramatic day or night. But it's only at night during a full moon that you can see the moonbow, a phenomenon not found anywhere else in the Western Hemisphere.


Living Life to the Fullest!!!

Carolyn's Signature   

Carolyn Hartfield
LifeStyle Management, LLC


P.S.:  Be sure to visit the Quick Links in the sidebar to see what other great things we are up to, and share this newsletter with your friends.  Thanks!  

Dupont Lodge
About Our Accomodations
Dupont Lodge
The solid hemlock beams and knotty pine paneling complement the massive stone fireplaces in historic DuPont Lodge, one of the most beautiful state park lodges. The rooms offer beautiful views and full amenities including interior corridors. All rooms totally were renovated in 2006. You have the option of relaxing on the beautiful, large observation deck overlooking the Cumberland River winding thru the hillside.


Join Us...Reserve Your Space Today
Join us for this very special experience.  ALL of this is included: 
  • Round Trip Transportation 
  • 3 Nights Accommodations 
  • 3 Dinners 
  • 3 Lunches 
  • 3 Breakfasts 
  • Baggage Handling 
  • Activities & Goodies 





Deposit: $185.00           Payments Non-Refundable

Balance Due: $200.00
   Pay Now  Final Payment by October 15th


About OPALs

OPALs was established to encourage people aged 50 and older to take full advantage of the amazing resilience of our bodies and challenge ourselves to increase our level of vitality and not settle for the notion that aging automatically results in frailty.  The point is, no matter your age, your current state of health and wellness can always be improved.  
OPALs is a network of men and women from all walks of life who desire to meet new friends, stay or get fit, have fun, amongst their peers.  The general categories of the things we do are:
  • Recreational activities include hiking, bicycle riding, golf
  • Athletic activities include basketball, softball, tennis, track & field
  • Social activities include movies and a dinner, weekend getaways
We are regular people with regular jobs, semi-retired or retired who want to enjoy a high quality of life and have fun doing so...we have earned it!  We come from all walks of life.  And, whether we want to admit our age or not, it is truly a blessing to get older.  How gracefully we do it has a lot to do with the lifestyle choices we make. 

We are 'Living Life to the Fullest!!!'