Neighborhood Close-Up: Third Ward Caffe
A pioneer in Third Ward dining, Third Ward Caffe still holds the prize for authentic Italian cuisine - and conveniently, right around the corner from the Mayer building.
Located in a converted 1875 produce warehouse on the historic "commission row" the restaurant is run by Jane and Randy Nelson. Today the menu features veal, beef, chicken, pizza and over 20 pastas complimented by seasonal specials which take advantage of the herbs and vegetables grown on their 20 acre Door County farm. This authentic menu is enhanced by over 100 specially selected Italian wines.
Spring specials include:
- Chilled fresh asparagus w/hard cooked egg & Italian dressing
- Seafood salad of squid, prawns, octopus & mussels
- Jumbo spinach ravioli filled with asparagus in lemon-cream sauce
- Half moon shaped ravioli filled w/duck, paired w/duck sausage, artichoke-cream sauce
- Grilled chicken, lamb, & garlic sausages w/cannellini beans
Third Ward Caffe
225 E. Saint Paul Ave.
Friday & Saturday 5pm-10pm
Sunday Supper 4pm-8pm
Website and menu