By making food at home with fresh, good ingredients and getting off sugar and processed food, your quality of life will improve.
Spend three weeks on a customized Aware Body cleanse in which you will eat clean healthy food in order to feel better and detoxify the body.
After Three Weeks on The Aware Body "Get Off Sugar" Cleanse You Will:
- Balance mood swings
- Ignite your energy
- Boost your immunity
- Drop unwanted weight
- And most importantly - FEEL AMAZING!
Recently, I spent three weeks completely off white sugar. It was not without it's challenges- I craved my favorites such as ice cream but I accumulated an array of great secrets to help you get you through the cravings with minimal pain. I still ate "sweets" such as my homemade granola, healthy cookies and homemade smoothies that double as a creamy thick frozen dessert- all made without refined sugar. The trick is that they are all made (simply!) by hand and completely satisfy. If you are short on time, I have some excellent suggestions that will get you set up with lots of options to pick up at the store or buy online.
The best part about this cleanse is that it is completely customized to fit your needs and your body. You will thrive rather than starve or feel deprived as you would on a "diet."
I noticed the difference in my energy, mood and weight after 3 weeks and truly didn't miss the effects of sugar on my mood and my energy...Success!
THE AWARE BODY CLEANSE
- 3 weeks of one on one support.
- Two hour-long sessions
- Recipes + specific food suggestions
- Email/phone follow ups.
Question of the Month:
What are some food suggestions to help cool me down this August?
ANSWER: Eat foods that are cooling such as cucumber and lime and fresh herbs as well as fresh juices with a balanced amount of fruit and veggies or fruit and protein. In addition, eat smaller portions of foods as opposed to larger portions which take a longer time in the digestive process and end up zapping our energy.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
Recipe #1: The Perfect Breakfast Smoothie/Mid Day Snack or Dessert
This smoothie is thick and rich and has just the right amount of natural sweet flavor plus it has all you need for an energizing, mood enhancing, fully balanced and filling start to your day. Read Below for Health/Nutritional Benefits.
- 2 bananas
- 2 scoops- (oversize tablespoons) of either organic peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 teaspoon organic dark cacao powder ( or you can use cacao nibs, or both powder and nibs, for a crunchy texture)
- 1/2 teaspoon maca root powder (optional)
- 1 cup of unsweetened goats milk yogurt or local/organic cow's milk yogurt (optional)
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 5 Chai ice cubes - (make your own chai and add to ice cube tray when cool then freeze before using in the smoothie). You can also use plain ice cubes
- small handful or desired amount of organic coffee beans (can also used ground coffee or brewed coffee)
- dash cinnamon, dash cayenne, dash pink salt
- 1 tablespoon or desired amount of vitamineral green powder (or other green food powder such as spirulina or blue green algae). Feel free to also add any fresh greens to this smoothie such as spinach or kale- you don't need much to get the additional health benefits.
- optional tablespoon of Akea unsweetened wholefood powder (for added probiotics and enzymes)
Blend together and enjoy the creamy cool deliciousness and all the health benefits!
- Bananas are naturally sweet, filling and contain energizing potassium
- Nut Butter adds protein and fiber and healthy fat
- Cacao boost levels of feel good endorphins and adds iron and antioxidants
- Maca adds essential minerals and is great for the adrenal glands
- Coconut Milk adds essential (medium chain fatty acids) (MCFA's) which are missing from many modern diets- these good fats will help you stay full for hours
- Coffee adds antioxidants and a bit of bitterness to help balance the sweetness of the bananas
- Chai adds a bit of spiciness and a unique flavor (I use Mighty Leaf organic black Earl Gray tea for this mix)
- Goat Milk Yogurt is full of probiotics and calcium.
- Cinnamon is good for balancing blood sugar
- Salt adds minerals
- Cayenne gives the whole smoothie a kick
- Green Powder and Fresh Greens adds essential vitamins to boost brain function
Recipe #2: Chilled Cucumber Avocado Soup
Try this for lunch or for a light dinner or a savory snack. Serves 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults.
|Freshly made soup in Costa Rica|
Pair this lovely summer soup with "raw" crackers. My absolute favorite are Lydia's Luna Nori crackers (www.lydiasorganics.com) with hummus or fresh organic chevre or cream cheese and and a bit of smoked salmon topped with fresh dill.
- 3 whole cucumbers, peeled and sliced into 1/2 rounds
- 1 avocado scooped out into the blender
- pinch of pink or sea salt
- fresh herb combo of choice:
- dill and parsley (flat leaf or curly)
- mint and parsley
- basil and parsley
Blend all the ingredients in a blender or Vitamix and top with some fresh herbs or some dulce or kelp mix.
This soup is great drizzled with a touch of extra virgin olive oil
a bit of turmeric, dulse or kelp and a touch of cayenne. It is also great topped with slivers of avocado and a little feta garnish with fresh herbs.
Mary Serphos CHHC, LCSW
Looking forward to sharing the Aware Body Cleanse with you!
The Aware Body