What's for Dinner Wednesday!
FACT: At 4pm 85% of the population don't know what they are having for dinner!
We are here to help!
Fast, easy and convenient recipes!
Sumptuous Steak Stir-FryIngredients
- 1 pound beef top round steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame, defrosted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup sesame-ginger stir-fry sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked brown or white rice, prepared without butter or salt
- Combine vegetables, half of garlic and water in large nonstick skillet; cover and cook over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender, adding additional water if pan becomes dry. Remove vegetables; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick strips. Combine with remaining half of garlic.
- Heat same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef mixture; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet; season with salt, as desired. Keep warm. Repeat with remaining beef mixture.
- Return all beef and vegetables to skillet. Add stir-fry sauce and crushed red pepper, as desired; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice.
233 calories; 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 2 g monounsaturated fat); 61 mg cholesterol; 779 mg sodium; 14 g carbohydrate; 3.0 g fiber; 32 g protein; 6.0 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 1.5 mcg vitamin B12; 3.4 mg iron; 32.0 mcg selenium; 5.2 mg zinc; 117.2 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of fiber and iron.