October's sunny days highlight crystal blue skies and mid-seventy-degree highs. Its crisp evening air is ideal for sleeping. Perfect weather? Maybe for fall fashion, but certainly not for beauty!
As summer's stronghold on frizzy hair and sticky clothing slips away, noticeably missing is humidity's main (if only) beauty benefit: glistening, vibrant skin. It's a fact: dry air brings dry skin. And, although trees shedding their glorious, colorful leaves may be beautiful, flakes cascading from dry skin are not! Arm yourself with the best topical products for your skin from Dr. Yagoda's monthly Top Ten Picks (but don't forget that topicals only cover up damage), and count on BeautyScoop to correct and repair damage from within.
8 SKINteresting Facts about Dry Skin, 2011
- It affects nearly 200 million people in the Americas and Caribbean alone, and approximately 1.75 billion people world wide.
- It bothers 30% of adolescents with acne, 40% of healthy individuals under age 40, 75% of people over age 65, and nearly everyone over the age of 80.
- Dry skin is exacerbated by harsh environmental conditions.
- It is triggered by common beauty regimens such as routine hair coloring, straightening and perming, and regular manicures.
- It is associated with certain physiologic and medical conditions such as menopause, HIV disease, thyroid disorders, celiac disease, multiple sclerosis and polycystic ovary disease.
- It is easy easy to confuse dry skin (tight skin with tiny pores) with dehydrated skin (dull and flaky).
- Skin is usually driest on the lower legs, arms and sides of the abdomen.
- An estimated 14 billion dollars will be spent on remedies by consumers in the year 2014.
Have you tried BeautyScoop�s new and improved formulation with hyaluronic acid to address dry and dehydrated skin?
- 6 bonus doses
- a complete 27 day supply (for no additional cost!)
Make sure to check out our winning recipe of the month below, the BeautyScoop CranApple Blossom Spritzer by Mary Nelson of Bridgewater, Vermont. As always, submit your own favorite BeautyScoop recipes to [email protected] for the chance to be next month's winner.
Beauty is Power! Drink it in.
The BeautyScoop Customer Service Team
|Shake Up Your Beauty! |
CranApple Blossom Spritzer
Submitted by Mary Nelson, Bridgewater,VT
- 1 packet or 1 scoop of BeautyScoop
- 1/2 cup chilled cranberry-apple juice
- 1/2 cup chilled sparkling water
- 1 cup chilled white wine
- apple slice for garnish
- Mix BeautyScoop, juice and wine until well-blended.
- Place sparkling water into two glasses and gently stir in BeautyScoop mixture.
- Garnish with apple slice, if desired.