Most of us know how to protect our skin from the summer sun, but what about our hair?Overexposure to the sun's rays can break down the proteins in your hair, making it dull and brittle, and causing the color to fade. So when the temperature and humidity rises, you'll want to be prepared. Follow these tips to keep your hair looking and feeling healthy this season.
1. Wet your hair thoroughly with clean water before going into the pool. Dry hair absorbs more of the chlorine and damaging pool chemicals, so make sure your hair is wet before you take a dip.
2. If your hair is dry or lacks luster, you can apply a few drops of sesame oil to the ends of your hair. Sesame oil is not only a natural UV protector, but will also add shine and help keep your hair hydrated on those hot, humid days.
3. Limit the use of heating tools such as blow dryers, and curling and straightening irons. Give your hair a break from the heat and let it air dry naturally as often as possible.
4. Keep your hair hydrated by avoiding alcohol-based styling products. Products containing alcohol strip your hair of its natural moisture, leading to hair that is dry and breaks easily.
5. Take your BeautyScoop daily and eat foods rich in protein, such as eggs, fish, nuts and soy in your diet for healthier, stronger hair.
Note BeautyScoop´s new and improved formulation with hyaluronic acid for even younger looking skin!
- 6 bonus doses
- a complete 27 day supply (for no additional cost!)
Make sure to check out our recipe of the month below, the Red, White and Blue-tiful Parfait,for a patriotic Fourth of July. As always, submit your own favorite BeautyScoop recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org for the chance to be next month's winner.
Beauty is Power! Drink it in.
The BeautyScoop Customer Service Team