|Beauty Break Newsletter|
This month's issue is all about powerful beauty ingredients that you can find in your own home. Both vinegar and ginger have amazing health benefits and can be used to improve skin, hair, and nails--along with BeautyScoop! Try Carol Reed's delicious recipe of the month that incorporates all three of these super-beneficial ingredients in her adaptation of the classic Haymaker Punch: a Refreshing "Ginegar" Beauty Punch!
Do you have a favorite BeautyScoop recipe? If so, we invite you to submit your original BeautyScoop recipe to [email protected] for the chance to win a free box of BeautyScoop and be included in our next Beauty Break Newsletter!
Also check out Dr. Yagoda's new press below, and make sure to ask us about the exciting results of BeautyScoop clinical hair trials. And read all about the magical symbolism of the number 11 in our special 11/11 coupon!
Beauty is Power! Drink it in.
The BeautyScoop Customer Service Team
A Plastic Surgeon's Perspective:
Household Health and Beauty:
The Magic of Vinegar
Vinegar is some seriously powerful stuff, and most people have it in their own homes. A few weeks ago, The New York Times printed a report about a highly effective cervical cancer screening method whose secret is vinegar. The procedure, developed by experts at Johns Hopkins in the 1990s, was endorsed last year by the World Health Organization. In this procedure, vinegar is brushed on the cervix and precancerous cells turn white. Quicker, easier, less expensive, and more accessible than the traditional Pap smear, the vinegar treatment is simply amazing!
But vinegar isn't just useful in gynecologists' offices--you can also use it right in your own home! And no, I don't mean in only in the kitchen. Vinegar is a fabulous ingredient to use for BEAUTY and WELLNESS too. Here are a few vinegar tips:
- Add apple cider vinegar to your bath and soak for 15 minutes to help with itchy skin or aching muscles.
- Use vinegar as a facial toner or astringent. Mix together equal parts vinegar and warm water and apply to a clean face.
- Mix equal parts vinegar and hand cream to soften dry, chapped winter hands.
- Make nail polish last longer by soaking fingertips for one minute in 2 tsp. vinegar mixed with 1/2 cup warm water before applying polish.
- To condition hair and improve cleanliness and shine, rinse hair with 1 tbsp vinegar after you shampoo.
- Add one tablespoon of white vinegar to a gallon of warm water and soak your feet for 20 minutes nightly to cure toenail fungus. You will know the fungus is gone when your cuticles grow back. Cuticle growth only occurs after the nail fungus is gone. Magical!
- Mix equal amounts of white vinegar, rubbing alcohol and warm water (cold water will cause dizziness!) and apply one dropperful into each ear after swimming to prevent swimmers' ear. NOTE: Do NOT do this if you have previously broken your ear drum, think you might have broken your eardrum, have had a recent upper respiratory infection, have sudden hearing loss, or note liquid draining from you ear. In those situations, or in any other situation of concern, be sure to see an Otolaryngologist (ear, nose and throat specialist) first to be certain that this treatment is safe for you to use.
In the Press
The article, "Periorbital Revolution" (pp. 18-26) by Linda Lewis, reviews non-surgical options to fight signs of aging on the face and neck.
BeautyScoop Clinical Hair Trials Yield Encouraging Results
Do you or someone you know want to have hair that looks thicker, fuller, and shinier? Are you bothered by thinning hair, hair loss, and brittle hair? We invite you to try BeautyScoop and see results for yourself*!
Go to BeautyScoop.com to order. On the day that you place your order, send an email to [email protected] with the subject line "GHI5O" to get a free gift with your purchase!
*While some results may start sooner, more significant results may take up to 9-12 weeks.
| Shake Your Beauty! |
Adapted from traditional "Haymaker Punch" recipe by Carol Reed of Northampton, MA
DR. YAGODA's GINGER BEAUTY TIPS:
1. To exfoliate and condition dry skin, and to relieve dandruff, mix grated ginger root, lemon juice and olive oil, and apply topically.
2. To darken a hypopigmented scar, rub a slice of ginger root on the scar daily for six weeks to naturally stimulate melanin production.
- 1 packet or 1 scoop of BeautyScoop
- 3 tbsp. organic agave nectar
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. finely grated ginger
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 oz. brewed and cooled chamomile or mint tea
- Mix tea, lemon juice, vinegar, and agave together.
- Whisk in BeautyScoop. Add ginger and shake thoroughly in shaker.
- Strain, chill, and add ice to serve.
Optional Variations: Add 1/2 shot of gin to get the beauty party started!
Makes approx. 2 glasses of punch.
|NOVEMBER: 11 IS THE MASTER NUMBER
Did you know that 11 is a Master Number in astrology? It symbolizes the inspiring qualities of intuition, patience, and idealism. For younger-looking skin; longer, stronger nails; and healthy, shiny hair, take advantage of Month Number 11 in Year Number 11 by using the promotion code "1OFF1." You will receive $11.11 off your subtotal with the purchase of 1 or more BeautyScoop canisters. Your hair, skin and nails won't know how to thank you!
Beauty is Power! Drink it in. *Offer can not be combined with any other promotion or discount. Only valid in continental United States.
|Offer Expires November 30, 2011.|