|Beauty Break Newsletter|
Beauty is Power! Drink it in. Put a little spring in your step by putting some style into your Spring wardrobe! Here to help you is celebrity stylist, Shelly Bromfield. In this month's guest interview, Shelly will help you refresh and renew your look.
Did you know that according to TODAY! Health and Total Beauty.com, you are likely to have bad skin and bad hair if you live in a particular US city. On the contrary, living in certain cities increases the likelihood of you having great skin and great hair. Find out how you can maximize the probability of having great skin and hair as Dr. Yagoda shares tips for beautiful and healthy skin and hair no matter where you live!
In keeping with the greeness of Spring, why not try our Spring Green Detox by recipe-of-the-month contest winner, Charlise Vetivier of Montreal, Canada. Congratulations, Charlise on winning a complimentary box of BeautyScoop! Don't forget to submit your
favorite BeautyScoop recipe to email@example.com and you will be
automatically entered into our monthly drawing to win a free box of
The BeautyScoop Customer Service Team
A Plastic Surgeon's Perspective:
Just for Fun: The FINAL Four!
The best 4 places to live for fabulous skin and great hair!
DR. MICHELLE YAGODA, NYC FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON, AND CO-FOUNDER OF BEAUTYSCOOP
According to an article in TotalBeauty.com, where you live can affect how you look! The authors suggest that hair typically looks best in locations with low humidity, minimal pollution, little rainfall, reduced wind speed, soft water and a high concentration of hair salons! They also note that skin typically looks best in cities with minimal pollution, reduced sunshine, sparse tanning salons, moderate humidity, low number of smokers and little stress. Here are their top ten lists by category:
For Best Skin
1. Anchorage, Alaska - no pollution, only 41% of days are sunny, moderate humidity and low rates of skin cancer
2. Bismark, North Dakota
3. Honolulu, Hawaii - pollution free, few tanning salons, moderate humidity, consistent weather
4. Flagstaff, Arizona
5. Billings, Montana
6. New York - minimal tanning salons, 58% of days are sunny, average humidity, low skin cancer rates
7. San Antonio, Texas
8. Washington, D.C.
9. San Francisco, California - little sunshine, sparse tanning beds, consistent weather, lowest smoking rates
10. Cheyenne, Wyoming
For Best Hair
1. Santa Barbara, California
2. Honolulu, Hawaii - clear air, soft water, lots of salons, consistent weather
3. San Diego, California
4. Anchorage, Alaska - lack of pollution, minimal wind, soft water
5. San Francisco, California - most consistent weather, soft water, minimal wind, high concentration of salons
6. New York - perfect water for hair, most salons per zip code in the country
7. Miami, Florida
8. Los Angeles, California
9. Denver, Colorado
10. Boston, Massaschusetts
Based on the data from TotalBeauty.com, you should live in Anchorage, Honolulu, New York or San Francisco, if you, your skin and hair want the external, environmental factors in your favor. But don't forget....beauty is an external reflection of internal health and wellness too! Eat a healthy diet, get plenty of sleep, control your stress, stimulate your mind, surround yourself with positive relationships....and when all else fails, you've got BeautyScoop, injectables and plastic surgery to offer a helping hand!
|Interview with Shelly Bromfield, |
1. What are the THREE must-have accessories for Spring 2010?
The must-have accessories most definitely are the following: 1. the new signature handbag...color is the key with a touch of green or purple shiny hardware. (I also love a black or white patent satchel with a fabulous scarf tied at the handle.); 2. a new short-proportion trench - classic, yet edgy when belted at the waist; and 3. an iPAD!!!
2. Are there considerations for age when considering style?
If you are over 40, you must avoid jeans or any color that is too tight! Skin showing at the waist and see-through shirts are not age appropriate!!! Love handles are only for your husband, lover or plastic surgeon to see!
Shelly Bromfield & Donna Karan
3. Are there any tips you can share that readers can do while shopping alone?
No stylist? Go to a credible boutique and shop there, or go to a reputable
department store and ask for a complimentary personal shopper. Even if it costs
a little more than a discount store, it will be worth it in the long run.
4. What role do you believe BeautyScoop plays as an edible accessory?
Shelly Bromfield is "among the most talented creative directors in the fashion industry." For 10 years, she was the Director of Inspiration at Donna Karan/DKNY. Ms. Bromfield joined Donna Karan in 1989, serving as Inspiration,
Design Director, Accessories & Licenses for DKNY from 1989 to 1995
and as Corporate, Inspiration Design Director, Accessories &
Licenses for Donna Karan from 1995 to 1999.
BeautyScoop makes you look healthy and fabulous because no matter how much you spend on your clothing and accessories, your inner beauty and health is key. Besides, it is delicious and gives you satisfaction, without guilt. You know you are doing something good for yourself.
In 1999, Shelly joined de V & P, a women's apparel company where she became the Creative and Design Director for Emanuel/Emanuel Ungaro and Adrienne Vittadini lines worldwide. Shelly is never at a loss for inspiration. She has styled so many celebrities that on her 60th birthday, Barbra Streisand, Liza Minelli and Diana Ross sang happy birthday to her as a trio!
"Plastic Surgery Gone Awry" - 3.11.10 - Watch Dr. Yagoda on Fox & Friends
Watch Dr. Yagoda on Fox & Friends 3.11.10 "After-the-show Show"
"The Fountain of Youth" -Dr. Yagoda on Episode #6 of the Robert Verdi Show - 3.18.10
Shake Your Beauty!
SPRING GREEN DETOX
by Charlise Vetivier, Montreal, Canada
- 1 banana, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup mixed berries, plus 2 for garnish
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt, plus 1 tsp. for garnish
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. spirulina powder
- 1 packet/scoop of BeautyScoop
1. Place all ingredients into a blender and blend for one minute or until smooth.
2. Add 1 packet/scoop BeautyScoop and blend for an additional minute.
3. Pour into a glass and swirl in an extra teaspoonful of yogurt.
4. Place two extra berries into the glass to garnish.
APRIL: SPRING INTO ACTION
Use promotion code "204BC" and receive $20 OFF the purchase of one box and one canister.
Beauty is Power! Drink it in.
only within the continental US and only with any order of 1 box and 1 canister . Offer can not be combined with any other
promotion or discount coupons. Limit one use per household.
|Offer Expires April 30, 2010|