Good News for MAIA Agents with
Small Group Clients
Rate Improvements beginning August 1, 2012
In February, HealthPlus and the Michigan Association of Insurance Agents (MAIA) partnered to create six custom PPO plans which can only be sold by MAIA agents who are HealthPlus-appointed. Effective August 1, HealthPlus is making rate improvements that could be beneficial to these plans.
Small employer groups (2-50 eligible subscribers) may see a reduction in PPO new business and renewal quotes beginning with August 1, 2012 effective dates. HealthPlus has reduced the base rates on all small group benefit plans. On average, the PPO rates will receive a 10% reduction. MAIA agents who are HealthPlus-appointed are encouraged to go to our online rating module and re-run quotes with an August 1st effective date or later that were generated prior to June 4, 2012.
To regenerate your quotes please sign in to the system and follow these steps:
- Choose History from the left navigation
- Choose your group from the drop down Select Group
- Retrieve/Edit the quote you would like to update by clicking the radio button
- Choose Edit Quote
- Choose Generate Quote
- The updated rates will generate
If you have any questions, please contact the Agent Support Line at 1-800-530-9071.
More Good News on HealthPlus Rates
2012 Industry Factor Changes
HealthPlus has also made a number of Industry (SIC) factor reductions in small employer group rating. Effective August 1, 2012 there will be a 5-10% reduction in the following industry classifications:
- Depository Institutions: Banks & Credit Unions
- Business Services:
- Advertising Agencies & Services, Commercial Art & Photo Services
- Engineering, Architectural, Accounting, Research & Development, Management & Public Relations firms
- General Government: Local Governments
- Educational Services: School Districts, Colleges, Technical Institutes
For more detailed information visit www.healthplus.org/maia.aspx or contact Rob Roberts, Account Executive, at 1-800-345-9956, ext. 2108 or email@example.com.
Isn't it time you chose the Plus?