The biggest SALE in our history starts now!
I have reduced prices on approximately 75% of my inventory. The reasons for my sale include a bit of a slowdown in the current coin market as well as my having too much inventory. The reasons for the slowdown are presented in my commentary below.
A few key points about the sale:
(1) This is a "permanent" price reduction, not a short-lived sale.
(2) This sale has not yet been announced to the general public, thus you get the opportunity to get the coins you want before other people hear about the sale.
(3) This sale includes coins of all qualities and price ranges. It is not a sale of only dregs and stale inventory. (But it may have a few items meeting these criteria.) ;)
(4) New items have been priced with the current market conditions in mind, and therefore their current prices represent sale prices.
(5) All of our coins are one of a kind, so if you snooze, you might lose.
(6) As is our normal policy, we accept personal checks and money orders. Credit cards and PayPal are not accepted because their fees eat up too much of our profits.
(7) At these prices, I can't take trades or offer layaways. However, if you can't possibly do a deal without them, call me and I will listen to what you have to say.
(8) Please include $6 for shipping on every order.
I want to thank you for your business, and I hope you find something of interest in our sale!
- - - Rich Uhrich
|THE CURRENT COIN MARKET REPORT |
The current coin market has slowed down a bit, and here are my detailed observations::
(1) some collectors and investors seem to be cutting back and some are selling coins outside their focus areas,
(2) more auction lots are going unsold and those that are selling are bringing less money,
prices on all but the best coins seem to be down 10% to 15% (in my
specialty area, I define the "best coins" as key dates with no
problems, and type coins AU or better with extraordinary eye appeal),
(4) the 10% to 15% drop isn't bad compared with the stock market's 37% decline in 2008,
(5) many dealers seem to have a higher inventory level than they want, and accordingly more are sellers rather than buyers, and
(6) many of my coins are sold to dealers, especially rare dates and die marriages. With dealers buying less, this has an impact on my sales also.
My observations above have led to my decision to reduce prices.