Autodesk Workshop: Manage your Design Data with Autodesk Vault
Tuesday August 21, 2012 from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM PDT
Learn more about how Autodesk Vault helps everyone work together to move your projects from design to completion faster. This is a free workshop, lunch is included.
MCAM Northwest, Inc.
Mastercam Workshop - Feature Based Machining
Thursday August 23, 2012 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM PDT
This workshop is intended for Mastercam users that want to utilize Feature Based Milling but need some help getting started. This is a free workshop.
MCAM Northwest, Inc.
Autodesk Workshop: Tooling Workflow with Inventor Pro
Tuesday September 18, 2012 from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM PDT
Come and see how Autodesk Product Design Suite with Inventor Professional can simplify the process of analyzing and configuring parts. Then use that information to improve your Mold design. This is a free workshop, lunch is included.
MCAM Northwest, Inc.
Mastercam Workshop - Improve programming efficiency with Viewsheets and Templates
Thursday September 20, 2012 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM PDT
We will explore the various ways to improve your workflow by using Mastercam's Viewsheets and then saving all application specific setups into a Mastercam file that functions as a template, improving your overall efficiency. This is a free workshop.
MCAM Northwest, Inc.
MASTERCAM: Current Promotion
Act now - Expires September 30, 2012
10% discount on any upgrade of Mastercam from any lower level to a higher level of like product. between July 9th and September 30th, 2012.
- This discount applies only to the upgrade portion of the quote, and not maintenance.
- This promotion does not apply to Educational or Government customers.
- The promotion can only be applied to existing customers with existing seats.
- Upgrade applies to Mill, Router, Lathe, Design
For a Quotation, please call or email Tori Pearce - firstname.lastname@example.org
MASTERCAM: X6MU2 has released!
This update is highly recommended by MCAM. It is the first thing we will ask you to do when calling for support, it will improve your X6 health and has many improvements.
Note: It's always a good idea to create a windows restore point before installing any major software update. In windows, go search, type restore, select "create a restore point"
The version number of Mastercam.exe is 220.127.116.11
Mastercam X6 MU2 is primarily a performance and reliability update. this update is HIGHLY recommended. It can be applied to X6 as well as X6 MU1, as it is an accumulative update. Your maintenance must be current as of June 30th 2012. With each X6 support call, we will be encouraging users to load this.
Some areas of improvement for MU2 are: Stock Model improvements, surface finish improvements, Opti-Rest HEM controls, data paths, Xform, opening .SLDDRW, Fence surfaces, Wire EDM contour, migration utility, edit common parameters, tapered tool in Multi-surface operations, STEP improvements, improved Hybrid Finish, save toolpath defaults, overall handling of Windows file system, releasing Solids license on NetHASP, Holder definition improvements, improved .SAT, Router, Door and Nesting improvements, Auto Spline, Parasolids Option button, IGES, WCS display, Swept surfaces and many more.
- Autodesk Inventor: 2013
- ProE/Creo: Wildfire5/Creo 2.0
- Click on the download link and save it to your computer.
- Double-click on the *.exe. - follow the installation instructions.
- All personalized files in My Mcamx6 and Shared Mcamx6 are left alone.
- This is a patch installer, not a complete installation of Mastercam.
- Install time - approx. 5-10 minutes.
X6 Feature Highlight
With the release of X6 we now have a new Toolpath, the Stock Model. Why would we want to use this option?
- No more need to save an STL from Verify for use is subsequent operations, select the Stock Model in Verify instead.
- Stock model is automatically updated if changes are made to the defining operations.
- Stock model can be used as rest material in the HST operations, select it as an operation.
- Stock Model can be compared to a model, similar to STL Compare in Verify.
End of Life on Autodesk Products Version 2006 and Older March 2013
As of March 2013 (Exact date to be determined) Autodesk will simplify its upgrade pricing model. Currently, Autodesk offers different upgrade pricing, depending on which previous version of the product a customer is using.
For example, the multiple upgrade paths that are offered today to customers on older versions of our software include the "Upgrade from Previous Versions" path for customers on one to three previous releases (Release 2012, 2011 and 2010) and the "Get Current Upgrade" for customers on four previous releases and older (Release 2009 and older).
These upgrade options will be consolidated into a single "Upgrade from Previous Versions", and will only be available to customers on one to six previous releases (Release 2012 through 2007).
Please contact Bobbi Thompson email@example.com for more information on upgrading your 2006 and older licenses.
Autodesk Get Current Upgrade Discount for AutoCAD LT
From July 23, 2012, through October 26, 2012, AutoCAD LT customers on 2007, 2008, and 2009 ® releases can receive a 30% discount (savings of $360 off MSRP) when they move to AutoCAD LT 2013. This offer is not available for the Mac version.
Autodesk University 2012 Conference and Exhibition
Join Your Peers from Around the World at Autodesk University. Registration opens September 5, 2012.
- Hear about the latest advancements in Autodesk products.
- Learn new ways to do things from people like you, and get some practice in our hands-on labs.
- Listen to technology leaders and learn from those who are already five minutes into the future.
- Get Autodesk certified for free on the products you use.
- Autodesk University 2012 brings together creative pioneers across the spectrum of industries and professions to discuss the principles, practices, and products that are transforming design in today's world.
To edit the offset distance of a work plane in a part file:
- Right click on the work plane icon in the model browser
- Pick Edit Dimension
- A small text box opens with the current offset distance showing
- Enter a new offset distance and click the green check mark
To edit the offset distance of a work plane in an assembly:
- Click the node next to the work plane in the browser
- The work plane browser entry will expand to show the constraint that controls the work plane
- Click on the constraint name once
- A small text box opens at the bottom of the browser with the current offset distance showing
- Enter a new offset distance and press the Enter key on your keyboard
MCAM Northwest is now an authorized training center for Autodesk products.
|Master3DGage for X6, 32 and 64 bit release|
This release is scheduled for late August, 2012. If you are a Master3DGage user, we will contact you regarding the update. This update requires current product maintenance. Please contact us if you have any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
|Flip targets to use table surfaces or fixtures for alignment.|
- Create your targets on the bottom contact surface you're using to align the part
- Right click on the target > Select "flip target" so the arrow is pointing in the direction you'll be approaching the location from.
- You can now use your table or fixture to align without any additional modeling required.
|Master3DGage Product Demonstrations |
We would like to invite you to experience Master3DGage by seeing it in action! We can demonstrate it with GotoMeeting, on-site or you can come see it at MCAM Northwest. If you are interested in learning more please contact us - email@example.com or call 503-653-5332 - we look forward to sharing our knowledge about trends in quality control and reverse engineering.