Photo of the Week
Our camper shows off his "crazy hair!"
|News & Announcements
7/19 Themed Thursday: Crazy Hair Day (K-2)
Grades 3-6 had their hair styled CRAZY on Tuesday to accommodate their swim day on Thursday.
Get Ready for Week 6 of Summer Camp: Turtle Reef (7/23-7/27)
Monday - Science: Bubbling Blue BlobsTuesday - Grades K-2: Swimming
Grades 3-6: Art: Turtle Photo-holder Sculptures
Wednesday -Angels Game
Thursday - Grade K-2: Art: Turtle Photo Holder Sculptures
Grades 3-6: Swimming
*Theme Day: Sports Fan Day
Friday - Corona Del Mar State Beach
Parents please make sure that your students/campers are wearing the proper shoes each day to school/camp. Closed-toed shoes are required at all times. For campers, flip flops or water shoes may be worn during swim time only. Closed-toed shoes must be worn the rest of the day.
| Upcoming Field Trip Details
Week 5 - July 20: Irvine Regional Outdoor Education Center
On Friday, July 20, all campers will be attending a field trip to the Irvine Ranch Outdoor Education Center at the Irvine Regional Park. Campers will depart from Mable Campus at 8:45am and will return to campus at 4:00pm. Please arrive to camp at 8:30am so we can depart on time. All campers must bring a SACK lunch, wear their camp shirt and closed-toed shoes (no crocs, flip-flops or sandals, please). Please apply sunscreen to your child before they arrive at camp. We will reapply sunscreen throughout the day.
While at the IOEC, campers will participate in many fun activities depending on their age. Some of the activities will include:
-Arts and Crafts
Our middle group of campers (approximate age: 8-9) will participate in these activities if we receive signed waiver (blue waiver):
-Low Challenge Course
Our oldest group of campers (approximate age: 10-13) will participate in the following activities if we receive signed waivers (both yellow and blue waivers):
-Low Challenge Course
ALL campers will swim. Please have campers wear their swimsuits to camp:
- Girls: wear swimsuits underneath shorts and camp T-shirt
- Boys: wear trunks and green camp shirt
Please send a change of bottoms and undergarments in a small bag with your camper so they may change after swimming. All campers will need to wear their green camp shirt before and after swimming. While in the pool area, campers may wear flip-flops, crocs, or water shoes. Campers MUST have a towel.
Please make sure all items brought to camp are labeled.
We are looking forward to a fun day filled with new experiences!
Field Trip Flyer
Zip Line and Cope Course Waiver (ages 8-13)
Archery/BB Waiver (ages 10-13)
Week 7 - Angels Game: July 25
On Wednesday, July 25, summer camp will travel to Angel Stadium to watch the Angels take on the Kansas City Royals. All campers will be treated to a hot dog lunch at the stadium. Campers must wear their green Fairmont camp shirt on this trip. Campers may bring $10.00 to the game for a treat and/or souvenir. Summer school students who are enrolled in summer camp will be dismissed from class at 11:30a.m. so that we can make it to the Angels game on time.
We will return to campus by 4:00p.m.Field Trip FlyerCorona Del Mar State Beach: July 27
On Friday, July 27, Summer Camp will be heading for fun in the sun!!! Campers will enjoy a day at Corona del Mar State Beach where they will play in the waves, build sand castles and have lunch on the sand.
All campers need to do the following:
- Come to campus in the morning with a green camp shirt and shorts.
- Wear a bathing suit underneath camp shirt and shorts (boys bring a pair of dry shorts for after the beach).
- Wear close-toed shoes on the bus. Campers can put on sandals when we get to the beach but due to bus regulations, they MUST wear close toes shoes while riding on the bus.
- Bring a disposable sack lunch with several cold drinks to last the day.
- Come to camp wearing sunscreen and bring a bottle of sunscreen for later in the day.
- Bring a towel, goggles, and any other beach items that you may want. Please remember, any items that campers bring they must carry across the sand. All items (including shirt, shorts, towel, lunch, etc.) brought to the beach should have your camper's name written on it.
- Campers my bring $5 to spend at the snack bar if time permits and provided the snack bar is open.
Please have campers here at 8:45 a.m.!