2007 is rapidly drawing to a close and I look forward to 2008 with great optimism and hope for those of us that are working our way through the journey of chronic Lyme disease.
Throughout the year, I have incorporated a number of options into my treatment program. Some of these have been quite helpful while others were simply steps along the path. You can find all the details of my current treatment program here. I welcome your feedback, comments and questions.
I continue to learn from so many people including all of you that have shared portions of your journey with me.
As we near the end of 2007, I want to express my thanks and gratitude to all of you and wish you improved health in the year to come. 2008 is almost here. Bring it on....
|Dr. Shoemaker's New Biotoxin Web Site|
|Authoritative Resource on Biotoxin Illnesses
Ritchie Shoemaker, MD is well-known for his work in the area of biotoxin-illnesses. His work has important applications for those of us dealing with Lyme disease.
Dr. Shoemaker has recently launched an exciting new web site on biotoxins which I highly recommend.
For more information on this new site, read my recent article in the Public Health Alert.
|Peggy Will Walk Again!|
| And You Can Help Her Do It!
If you missed the story of Peggy in the recent Public Health Alert, I urge you to take a look.
Peggy's story is inspiring. The videos on her web site are remarkable and I wish Peggy all the best in her journey. She is an amazing soul!
To learn more about Peggy, go here.
|Lyme Disease Solution|
|Dr. Kenneth B. Singleton Authors New Book on Lyme Disease
The Lyme Disease Solution is an exciting new book from Kenneth B. Singleton, MD, MPH, recognized national Lyme expert, LLMD, and Lyme survivor. At 500 pages, it is destined to be the most comprehensive book on the market today written by an LLMD.
- History, biology, prevention and controversy surrounding Lyme
- Signs and symptoms of Lyme and the major co-infections
- Diagnostic testing for Lyme and co-infections
- Lyme disease and the impact on the immune system, including strategies for strengthening and regulating the immune system
- The Lyme Inflammation Diet, the most complete nutritional approach to Lyme-induced chronic inflammation
- Treatment principles for Lyme and other tick-borne diseases including discussions of antibiotics, herbs, nutrients, and other novel-therapies that have been found effective
- Thorough discussion of conventional and alternative treatments for specific Lyme-related issues such as pain, inflammation, energy depletion, endocrine issues, gastrointestinal problems, liver issues, anxiety, depression, neurological problems, detoxification (including heavy metals) and sleep problems
- Methods and techniques for dealing with psycho-spiritual-emotional issues related to chronic diseases such as Lyme disease
For additional information, visit http://www.lymedoctor.com.
|Lyme Times Alternative Medicine Issue|
|Kudos to CALDA! Don't miss it!
Lyme Times is a publication put out on a quarterly basis by CALDA, the California Lyme Disease Association. It is always full of useful information, but the most recent edition was of special interest to me.
Given my approach of incorporating alternative and integrative therapies into my overall Lyme treatment program, I found the Alternative Medicine edition of the Lyme Times to be highly relevant and full of good information.
Various alternative protocols such as Buhner, Zhang, Cowden and others are discussed along with excellent articles on many specific therapies such as ozone, HBOT, silver, Rife, and many more.
Lyme Times is a free publication to those that are members of CALDA. Membership is only $35.00 and you will receive the Alternative Medicine edition of the Lyme Times when you sign-up. It's an edition you surely won't want to miss.
Here is a more detailed list of articles covered:
- Food sensitivities
- Heparin in the treatment of chronic tickborne infections?
- pH - Your body's health may hand in the balance between acid & alkaline
- Nutritional & herbal supplements
- Circulatory therapy & a detoxification program
- Guide to detoxification
- Heavy metal detoxification
- Herbal treatment for Lyme disease: An integrated approach
- Modern Chinese medicine
- Blood sugar & insulin resistance
- Homeopathy & Lyme disease
- Accupoints for Lyme disease - energetic treatment
- Acupuncture, Qigong & Yoga
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)
- Silver Hydrosol
- Rife machines
- The gallbladder, bile & gallstones
|Get out the Nasties with Humaworm
I recently did another parasite cleanse using a product called Humaworm that I learned about from readers of my web site. Several of them had very good experiences with the products and even sent me pictures of the worms that they had themselves expelled.
Additional information on Humaworm can be found here.
Thanks for all your kind words, inspiring stories, thoughtful direction, and for your compassion. Live, love, and laugh each and every day for tomorrow is not a given.
In Better Health,
|Disclaimer: The information contained in this newsletter is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. All information provided in this email is for informational purposes only and represents the experiences and information encountered to date by BetterHealthGuy.com.
No warranties are provided either explicitly or implicitly as to the validity of any information herein. Always seek the advice of your physician before making any treatment decisions.
BetterHealthGuy.com is not responsible for any third-party information referred to from the site. BetterHealthGuy.com does not sell any products though may make a small referral fee for products you purchase from links within the site.
BetterHealthGuy.com does not take responsibility for the accuracy of any information and suggests that you do your own research and consult your doctor. BetterHealthGuy.com is not responsible for any issues that you may encounter with the purchase of any products found through sites which it may refer you to.