How to be a pastor in 80 hours|
What do you have to learn to be a local pastor in Holston Conference? One of these students might be your next one.
If they're studying to be United Methodist pastors, what kind of books do they read at night?
Easter! How many came?|
wants to report your total Easter worship attendance. Pastors
and lay leaders only: Report totals by Tuesday,
April 14, 5 p.m., to email@example.com. Please include your name, church, district.
If your church closed today|
... would anyone miss you? Ask yourself these questions for clues about your church's current status. (Interpreter Online)
Murder in Claypool Hill
A faith community in Tazewell District gathers to pray after two employees are killed in a Pizza Plus restaurant. (Bluefield Daily Telegraph)
Here's what you liked! Top three links in our last edition.
- 645 - "Get out of the boat." The Bishop said so.
- 435 - One sad photo leads the Holston Conference to act.
- 301 - UM men reveal: What's on their nightstands?
More calendar items...
- May 17 offering: Holston churches will unite on Sunday, May 17 (or an alternate date) to collect the Annual Conference missions offering for Sudan. The goal is $125,000. Download a brochure or bulletin insert (color/ black and white) now.
More of holston.org ...
- Calling All Men: Register online by June 17 and save money. Then mark Aug. 7-8 on your calendar for the mega event in Severville.
- Unforgettable photos. As denominational interest in Sudan intensifies, a United Methodist photographer releases a new book, "Where Mercy Fails." (UMNS)
- Pastors want this: The 2008 General Conference revised the Service of the Baptismal Covenant. Get details and download updated documents. (GBOD)
More of umc.org ...
- Money for college: It's now possible to apply online for a United Methodist scholarship or loan. (GBHEM)
- Remember this guy? Youth are invited to hear two former Resurrection speakers in Kingsport. On May 1 at 6 p.m., Lowell McNaney will speak at "Refiner's Fire" at Rock Springs UMC. Info: 423-349-7531. On May 17 at 1 p.m., Justin Lookadoo will speak at Vermont UMC. Info: 423-288-2801. No cost. Love offerings instead.
- Earth Day is coming. Visit the National Council of Churches of Christ Eco-Justice Programs site for ideas on caring for God's planet.
- We need each other. This
e-newsletter was created to connect Holston congregations for the
ultimate purpose of reaching others for Christ. Encourage your church
friends to sign up for a free subscription to The Call 2 at thecalltwo.holston.org.