'Why would someone bake cookies for me?' |
Sarah Taylor was incarcerated from 2000 to 2006 for "bad choices." A homemade gift finally helped her experience the power of God's love.
ERTs are on the road|
This week, three Early Response Teams are leaving Holston to aid hurricane victims in Louisiana. (Who's going?)
Coffee bar and flat-screen TV|
First Hillsville UMC is moving its youth ministries into a former store on Main Street. The sign on the window says, "Out of the Box." (The Carroll News)
This week, campers with HIV/AIDS are communing with nature and God at Buffalo Mountain Camp in Jonesborough, Tenn. Here are some of the volunteer workers, and here's what they're reading.
Obama or McCain? Better not say|
Churches can lose their non-profit status by taking sides for or against a political candidate or issue. Here are the "dos and don'ts" for staying impartial. (United Methodist Communications)
Here's what you liked: The top three links in last week's (9/11/08) edition of The Call 2.
- 1 - Can you peg a congregation by its potluck?
- 2 - Holston's "hands-on" shipments arrive in Africa.
- 3 - Love offerings provide 23 scholarships for children's choir.
More calendar items...
- What's cool about your district? Visit the MyDistrict page to find out what's unique about each of Holston's 12 districts.
More of holston.org ...
- Tell me something good. Sign up for "Good Stuff" e-news to keep up with Holston youth ministry. (Check your spam folder to make sure your Good Stuff doesn't get lost.)
- Wasted: September is National Alcohol and Drug Addiction Recovery month. What's the church's role in this? (General Board of Global Ministries)
More of umc.org ...
- Wanting: Sept. 21 is International Day of Prayer for Peace. Let's pray. (General Board of Church and Society)
- Parish nursing: Tennessee Wesleyan College-Fort Sanders Nursing Center
will offer a preparation course for parish/faith community nursing on
Oct. 23-26 in Newport, Tenn. E-mail Gail Lambert for more info.
- Golf outing: Hiwassee College will host its eighth annual Tiger Shoot-Out on Oct. 6. Visit hiwassee.edu for more info.
- Football & professors: Emory & Henry College hosts "Visit Day" on Oct. 4. Visit ehc.edu for more info.