United States Market Information Session
The Department of Innovation, Trade and Rural Development is partnering with Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency and the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT) to deliver a United States Market Information Session on Thursday, June 2 at Bally Haly Golf and Curling Club in St. John's.
The session will feature market overview presentations from representatives from the Consulate General of Canada in Chicago and Consulate General of Canada in Miami. A full day is being planned with presentations, one-on-one meetings, nutrition breaks and lunch.
For additional information, or to register, please contact Corinne St. Croix at (709) 729-2797. Click
Introduction to BUILDING INFORMATION MODELING (BIM) June 14th, St. John's
- What is Building Information Modelling?
- Who is using BIM in the Building Industry?
- What technology tools are commonly associated with BIM?
- How does the BIM process effect the
- How does BIM change the contractual obligations amongst parties involved?
- Where do various disciplines and parties fit into the BIM process?
Date: June 14, 2011 from 8:30-10:30am
Fee: $300.00 (NLCA members) $400.00 (Non-members)
Location: To be determined
Presenter: Thomas Strong BIM Development Manager EllisDon Construction
Thomas Strong is EllisDon Construction's Building formation Modeling Development Manager. Mr. Strong is responsible for the leadership, development, trategic direction and management of the EllisDon's IM program. Strong builds alliance relationships in echnology with business partners and guides the daption of new innovative solutions to ensure EllisDon ontinues to meet the evolving needs of its clients.
Please return completed forms to Susan Casey at
[email protected] or fax to 754-3968.
June 7, 2011
Newfoundland & Labrador Construction Association
33 Pippy Place, Suite 201
St. John's, NL A1B 3X2
International Financial Institutions: Introductory Workshop
June 16, 2011 - 10.00am, John Cabot Building, St. John's
A workshop on doing business with the International Financial Institutions (IFIs). Join Amber Germain of Canada's Office of Liaison with the International Financial Institutions to learn how to access the multi-billion dollar international development market. Click
To RSVP please contact Karen Barry at [email protected]
Other Events and Happenings
June 13 - 16: Clean Technology Conference & Expo 2011 , Boston, MA
September 27 - 29: The GREEN Expo Mexico , Mexico City, Mexico
Call for Tenders: Water Treatment Project, Costa Rica Click
Call for Tenders: Electrical Conversion, Building 399, Goose Bay, Newfoundland & Labrador
DEFENCE CONSTRUCTION CANADA (DCC) - #GB19205 - Electrical Conversion, Building 399, Goose Bay, Newfoundland & Labrador
The work includes, but is not necessarily limited to, the supply of labour, material, supervision and equipment necessary for the electrical conversion, Goose Bay, Newfoundland & Labrador.
Bridging the Gap: Funding Joint Industry/University Research through MITACS
Do you want to make your R&D budget go further? Could your company benefit from collaborating with leading academic expertise and leveraging institutional infrastructure? Are you looking to recruit the best and brightest new talent? The MITACS Accelerate program can help you address these questions. MITACS (www.mitacs.ca ) is a national research network with a mandate to connect companies with the vast research expertise in Canada's universities; from environmental sciences, engineering, social sciences, business, and much more.
For further information, please contact Steve Kavanagh, Director of Business Development for MITACS in Newfoundland & Labrador. He will be able to provide further detail on the MITACS Accelerate Graduate Student Internship program and how MITACS can help your company develop research collaborations with Memorial University.
Stephen can be reached at 709.725.9253 or [email protected].
At the Canada Business Centre: FREEone-on-one consultations for your business!
- BANKING:Monday, June 6th 9am - 12pm: Kevin Harnum, Area Manager of the TD Canada Trust, can provide information on financing options, banker's expectations, loan application process, liability issues, expansion financing, cash flow, financing a buy-out, business plans, alternate financing options and services available.
- LEGAL:Monday, June 6th 1 - 4pm: David S. Williams, Lawyer with O'Dea Earle, can provide guidance on your questions on contracts, liability, leases, dispute resolution, business structure, shareholder/partnership agreements, buying/selling a business, licensing agreements, disclaimers, taxation, etc.
- BUSINESS PLANNING:Tuesday, June 7th 1 - 4pm: Mike Green, Manager, Consulting of the Business Development Bank of Canada, can provide help to grow your business and provide expertise in business plan development or any functional aspect of your business including strategy, marketing, operations or human resources.
- ACCOUNTING:Thursday, June 9th 1- 4pm: John Dearin, Accountant from Business Management Services Inc., can provide information on a variety of business management topics such as individual, partner and corporate tax services, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, accounting, bookkeeping, payroll, HST.
To book an appointment, call 1-888-576-4444 or email [email protected]