Why Join the Western Carolina Medical Society?
WCMS is a thriving 900-plus member professional association of the physicians of western North Carolina and a chartered component medical society of the NC Medical Society and the AMA. The WCMS is an organization run by physicians for physicians.
The WCMS is the physicians' voice advocating for the health of the medical profession, the health of the patient, and the health of the community.
To be a dynamic physician community dedicated to a healthy, vibrant Western North Carolina.
The purpose of WCMS is:
- To strengthen the voice of WNC physicians in advocating for the health of the medical profession, the health of the patient, and the health of our region
- To inform, educate and prepare physicians for rapidly occurring changes in health care at national, state, and local levels
- To share legislative and policy information and advocate on behalf of physicians in areas of mutual interest
- To share available resources in areas of mutual interest
- To promote physician-to-physician communication and dialogue in an open, honest and safe environment
Click here for a complete listing of membership benefits.
The Foundation is WCMS' non-profit, charitable arm. The Foundation is well-respected and nationally recognized for its leadership and innovation in addressing issues of access to quality health care, disparities in health, and wellness and prevention for people in WNC. We are committed to involving both community AND physicians in this work.
Our flagship program is Project Access, a comprehensive, volunteer primary and specialty physician network providing access to healthcare at no charge for low-income, uninsured residents. Another key program is the WNC Interpreter Network, which addresses disparities in health due to linguistic barriers.
The archive of WCMS e-newsletters is available from the publications menu on our website at http://www.mywcms.org/News-and-Events/Weekly-E-Newsletter Thank you for your interest in WCMS. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to contact me or any one of our courteous, professional staff.