|PCCA Expansion Newsletter|
With the completion in March, 2011 of our 1 million square foot expansion of the Pennsylvania Convention Center, we have made a commitment to providing the latest technology in both our expansion and our existing facilities. Although our expansion project started over 3 years ago, we waited to develop our technology package until earlier this year. The Pennsylvania Convention has made a commitment to technology that will put us beyond the proverbial state of the art.
We are installing redundant capacity for all our systems at two internal data centers remote from each other. We are also providing two redundant 1000 megabit (1 Gigabit) internet pipelines out of the convention center to separate tier 1 service providers. This service will also allow the PCCA to provide connectivity into the Internet2 network.
Technology advances include:
Of course, existing amenities will remain available to customers. These options include our current complement of full-service audio/visual services, along with paperless registration, video and audio webcasting, sessions on-demand, video distribution and more.
- Robust 802.11G and 802.11N wireless internet access in all areas
- Gigabit networking with Power over Ethernet into every Meeting Room, Exhibition Hall and Ballroom supported by a 10 Gigabit fiber-optic backbone network
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Telephone Service
- High Definition Security Cameras in Exhibition Halls
- Meeting Room Proximity Reader Door Access System
- Digital Room Identification and Information at each Meeting Room
- Way-Finding and Show Specific Information on Digital Signboards Throughout
For more information, photos and fun facts, visit the Expansion Information section of the convention center website, www.paconvention.com.
Help us spread the word! Share our newsletter with interested colleagues by following this link.
We will see you next month with more good news.