IMPORTANT HEAT RELATED INFORMATION
2011 TRICOLUMBIA KIDZ TRIATHLON
Due to the extreme heat and humidity we are experiencing, and the expected levels on race day, TriColumbia will be taking the following action and providing the following recommendations in order to reduce the exposure of children to these conditions:
We will have a hose and cold towels at the finish line to assist in cooling athletes down.
- The entire event will be moved 1 hour earlier, so that the first swim waves will go into the water at 7:30 am, NOT 8:30 am. All items on the schedule will be moved 1 hour earlier than previously planned. All volunteers should also plan to move their schedules up by 1 hour.
- If your child has any medical conditions (including but not limited to upper respiratory conditions), please consult with your physician to determine whether his/her participation is prudent.
- Proper Hydration in extreme heat is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT especially for children. Your child should begin hydrating NOW with fluids containing electrolytes (Gatorade, etc.) The goal is to have light yellow colored urine. Dark urine indicates that more fluid is needed.
- To avoid the sun, the Pre-Race Course Talk will take place as scheduled on Saturday at 4:30 pm on the school grounds except that it will be moved beneath the large tent instead of on the hill. This meeting will be kept brief. All in attendance should be consuming fluids during the talk. Please bring your beverage with you.
- The race courses may be altered or shortened if the race director deems necessary.
TriColumbia staff will be present to answer questions at packet pick up on Friday and Saturday, and in the TriColumbia Information Tent on Sunday.
Robert Vigorito and The TriColumbia Team