|- Please come to the Community Development Annual Graduate Student Symposium on May 18th. This is the time when all finishing graduate students present their research in an interactive poster session. See here for more info. |
- Beth Rose Middleton gave a presentation at the March CRC Staff Meeting: Opportunities for Justice in Conservation. See her presentation here.
Requests for Proposals & Call for Papers
- The Western Sustainable Agriculture Research and Extension has put out a request for proposals for their 2011 grant cycle. See the grants here.
- The Berger-Marks Foundation announced a new award of $10,000 for a young woman leader in the social justice movement. Apply here.
Jobs & Employment Opportunities
|- A job announcement has been posted for the new Director of Action Education position at Community Archaeology Network (CAN). See the posting here.|
- PICO, an organization which brings people of faith together to revitalize communities and create opportunity for working families, is seeking a lead campaign organizer. See more info here.
- The Division of Housing Policy Development in the California Department of Housing and Community Development is seeking a graduate/postgraduate student intern for the summer. See more info here.
|- Taller Arte del Nuevo Amanecer (TANA) Literary Series Reading by Tim Z. Hernandez and Michael Luis Medrano will be held on Friday May 13th. See more info here.|
- The BLUM center for developing economies will be hosting a talk with Dr. Paul Polak, Author of Out of Poverty, inventor, entrepreneur and humanitarian on May 10th. See more info here.
- The Summer Institute on Migration & Global Health will be held in Berkeley and Oakland on June 20-24th. See here for more info.
|Regional Change in the News|
|- According to the latest census data, there's been a great migration in Southern California over the last decade. Read more here.|
- California legislative lawyers say redevelopment plan is illegal. Read more here.
|Special Reports on Regional Change|
|- How does the air you breathe measure up? The American Lung Association has analyzed data from state air quality monitors to compile the State of the Air report for 2011. See more here.|
- From The Community To The Classroom: A Youth-Directed Documentary of How Davis Young People Led Their Community Closer Toward Educational Equity will be free to download starting May 17th! See here for more info about the documentary and how to download the movie.
- Policy in Motion is tracking bills introduced this session pertaining to land use, transportation, housing affordability, and health in California. Read the blog overview of these legislative bills here.
|Expanding The Circle On Regionalism|
| - The recording of the Community-Based Research webinar is now available. See it here. |
| See all of this information and more on our website: regionalchange.ucdavis.edu. We invite any input on or contributions to these announcements. Also, if you are interested in providing a post for our blog, please let us know. To unsubscribe, click the "unsubscribe" button below. Thanks for your time!
UC Davis Center for Regional Change