|- Regional Advisory Committee member & Assistant Vice President/Community Development Officer for Wells Fargo Bank, Donald Terry, will be giving a talk on Funding Progressive Economic Development in the Capital Region at the CRC's next monthly meeting on May 2nd from 9-10am. Please join us!|
- Faculty Affiliate, Gwynn Benner, released an exciting report in Environment Magazine on Sonoran Desert Network Weavers: Surprising Environmental Successes on the U.S./Mexico Border. Read the article here.
Jobs & Employment Opportunities
|- The California Reinvestment Coalition is seeking a policy advocate. See the job announcement here.|
- The Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services is seeking a food assistance program manager. See more info here.
- The Gamaliel Foundation, a grassroots network of non-partisan, faith-based organizations in the U.S., South Africa and the UK, is seeking a development director. See more info about the position here.
|- The West Sacramento Youth Resource Coalition invites you to a formation event for West Sac Partners on May 14th from 9am to Noon. Read more info here.|
- The American Human Development Project will be having a launch on May 17th for the first ever California Human Development Report that ranks well-being of Californians by race/ethnicity, nativity and gender. Read more about the event here.
|Regional Change in the News|
|- The first tentative signs of growth show that an economic recovery is finally starting to take root in the San Joaquin Valley. Read the article here.|
- New Study: iPhone, Android Apps Could Game-ify Sustainable Commutes. Read the article here.
- Report shows farmland declines in San Diego and Riverside counties. Read the article here.
|Special Reports on Regional Change|
|- LGB youth are more likely to attempt suicide in a negative social environment than in a positive one, regardless of their individual risk factors. Read the report here.|
|Expanding The Circle On Regionalism|
|- The Valley Latino Environmental Advancement & Policy Project is looking for Latino Planners, Researchers, Engineers and Scientists in the San Joaquin Valley. See more details here. |
- Videos from the Small Communities Network: Rural Development seminar are now available for you to view. See the videos here.
- Worthy Blog! The Race Equity Project is a Legal Services of Northern California blog/e-newsletter dedicated to addressing racial disparities affecting low-income communities of color. See it here.
| See all of this information and more on our website: regionalchange.ucdavis.edu. We invite any input on or contributions to these announcements. Also, if you are interested in providing a post for our blog, please let us know. To unsubscribe, click the "unsubscribe" button below. Thanks for your time!
UC Davis Center for Regional Change