|- Don't forget to join the Coalition on Regional Equity (CORE) tomorrow (April 7th) for an informational Open House on the CORE Boards and Commissions Leadership Institute. See details here.|
- Community of practice colleague, Jon Ellison, president of the Environmental Council of Sacramento, would like to invite you to a regional Earth Day celebration at Southside Park in downtown Sacramento on Saturday, April 23, 2011. See the event details here.
Request for Proposals & Call for Papers
|- Abstracts are due April 15th for North American Housing & HIV/AIDS Research Summit. Find abstract guidelines here.|
Jobs & Employment Opportunities
|- Californian's for Justice is seeking a development coordinator. See the announcement here.|
- Sustainable Agriculture Education is seeking managers for two current projects. See the jobs here.
- The Sacramento Area Council of Governments is seeking an intern to promote bicycle riding. See more about the position here.
|- A seminar titled, LGBTQ Youth Talk Back: Some Thoughts on Resistance and Ethnography will take place on April 15th. See more info here.|
- On April 25, UC, Irvine is hosting the conference, Public Scholarship: Engaging Contradictions in the Contemporary University. See the event info here.
- The 3rd Annual SAYS Summit and Spoken Word Poetry Slam: Know Your Writes will be held at UC Davis on May 13th. See more information here.
|Regional Change in the News|
|- Vehicle-sharing network Zipcar opens in Sacramento. Read more here.|
- San Francisco drivers will be the focus of a nationally watched experiment to combat congestion and air pollution by adjusting parking prices at meters and public garages. Read more here.
- Rabobank America has created a $15 million fund to help small farmers in key areas of California get financing for operations, equipment and crop production. Read more here.
|Special Reports on Regional Change|
|- The Office of University Partnerships released a new volume of Cityscape which focuses on social issues surrounding the state of homelessness in America. Find the report here.|
- Separate Societies: Poverty and Inequality in US Cities by Wiilam Goldmith and Edward J Blakely with Foreword by President Bill Clinton has been pubished. Find the book here.
| See all of this information and more on our website: regionalchange.ucdavis.edu. We invite any input on or contributions to these announcements. Also, if you are interested in providing a post for our blog, please let us know. To unsubscribe, click the "unsubscribe" button below. Thanks for your time!
UC Davis Center for Regional Change