| - Tracy Perkins, and UCD professor, Julie Sze, co-wrote an article on environmental injustices in the Central Valley, which includes some of Perkin's photos from the "25 Stories from the Central Valley" exhibit, and oral history excerpts from Teresa DeAnda (Earlimart), Mary Lou Mares (Kettleman City) and Debbie Reyes (Fresno). Read the article here. |
- Check out Tracy Perkin's blog, The Long Haul, which intends to be a site to reflect on and share ideas about working for social change; the serious, the humorous, the practical. We have liked this site as well as other relevant sites on our Regional Change blog which can be found here.
|Request for Proposals & Call for Papers|
|- The International Association for Research on Service-Learning and Community Engagement Annual Conference is seeking proposals on the topic of Research For Impact: Scholarship Advancing Social Change. See more info here.|
|Jobs & Employment Opportunities|
|- Pesticide Watch is seeking a community organizer for Sacramento or Monterey. See the job opportunity here.|
- The Center for Responsible Lending is seeking a Research Director and Senior Researcher. See the job opportunities here.
- PolicyLink is seeking Interns! See the opportunity here.
| - The 2nd Energy Shed featuring speaker from the USDA Rural Coopoerative Development will be on Sat March 26th. Read more info here. |
- Dorceta Taylor will be presenting her new book, The Environment and the People in American Cities, on April 21st. Read more about the book and the event here.
- The California University Transportation Centers will be holding a series of webinars on transportation issues. See the schedule of webinars here.
|Regional Change in the News|
|- Sacramento is seeking assurances for responding to a potential disaster at an underground natural gas storage site proposed for south Sacramento. Read more here.|
- Officials encounter raw sewage, nauseating odors in east valley tour. Read the article here.
|Special Reports on Regional Change|
- The California Homeless Youth Project released a new report on LGBTQ homeless youth in California. Read the report here.
- UCD Institute of Transportation Studies released their findings on the global renewable energy future. Read more here.
- Immigrant Labor and the American Recovery: A Brief Memo By Manuel Pastor and Justin Scoggin. Find the memo here.
| See all of this information and more on our website: regionalchange.ucdavis.edu. We invite any input on or contributions to these announcements. Also, if you are interested in providing a post for our blog, please let us know. To unsubscribe, click the "unsubscribe" button below. Thanks for your time!
UC Davis Center for Regional Change