|- This Saturday (2/26), join Sandy Holman and others in a discussion focused on the state of race relations in America today. See more info here.|
- Join colleague, Tara Zygofsky, in an upcoming Asset Based Community Development in Action - California Learning Event' on April 27-28. See the event info here.
|Jobs & Employment Opportunities|
|- TransForm, an organization working to promote public transportation and walkable communities in the Bay Area and beyond, is seeking a Policy Director. See the job description here. |
- Transportation Equity Network (TEN) is seeking to hire a full-time Field Director to coordinate a national transportation campaign. See more info here.
- There's an opening for a public health educator in southern San Joaquin Valley for newly-formed "Berkeley/Stanford Children's Environment Health Center". See more here.
|Request for Proposals & Call for Papers|
|- There will be new sustainability planning & project development assistance available through the National Endowment for the Arts. Find more info here.|
|- Transportation Equity Network will be holding its annual conference on April 4th-5th. See more info here.|
- The 2nd Annual Youth Media Forum For Social Change May 7, 2011, 9am-12pm. See more info here.
|Special Reports on Regional Change|
|- Air Resources Board presentation, "Heat Vulnerability in California Under FutureClimate Change (A Spatial Synoptic Classification Approach)" can now be downloaded. Download it here.|
- The California Health Interview Survey (CHIS) released its latest data today on more than 100 topics affecting the health and well-being of Californians. Find it here.
|Regional Change in the News|
|- Read how RAC member, Glenda Humiston, the head of the USDA Rural Development in California, visited Santa Cruz County Thursday, offering her agency's help to create jobs. Find the article here. |
- Central Valley Biomass Power Plants Fined More Than $830,000 For Clean Air Act Violations Action Reduces Facilities Air Emissions By Up To 545 Tons Per Year. Read the article here
| See all of this information and more on our website: regionalchange.ucdavis.edu. We invite any input on or contributions to these announcements. Also, if you are interested in providing a post for our blog, please let us know. To unsubscribe, click the "unsubscribe" button below. Thanks for your time!
UC Davis Center for Regional Change