WILL IMPROVE REPORTING, EFFICIENCY, AND COMMUNICATIONS
We are excited to announce that LMI will be converting to a new accounting and association management software program effective January 1, 2011. After reviewing a number of integrated, industry-specific software programs, Lake Management, Inc. selected the Village Management Software (VMS) package.
It was time for a change. LMI is growing as an organization and the software was limiting our abililty to develop the appropriate reports and controls while serving our boards and homeowners as efficiently as possible.
IN WITH THE NEW...VMS has hundreds of features and we are in the process of familiarizing ourselves with the new features in preparation for the conversion. Overall, the new software will allow us to make improvements in the areas of compliance, budget tracking, accounts receivable and payable, reporting, and billing functions. Our increased efficiency will mean:
- faster responses to inquires
- real time access to information
- reduction of phone calls back and forth for answers
- improved Board communications allowing decisions to be made between meetings
ADDITIONAL HOMEOWNER BENEFITS: Associations will be given web portals as a free trial for 90 days. That allows homeowners instant access to information regarding their accounts and their property and enables them to:
- view statements, compliance & architectural log status online
- automated routing of website correspondence to appropriate LMI employee
- automatically respond to compliance letters online
- access real time reporting information
- make online payment transactions
- update community calendars online
- access real time work orders
- receive emails for payment confirmation, late payment notification & more
TEMPORARY OFFICE CLOSING: Our office will be closed periodically for training in December. We will work hard to continue to offer you the same first class service you have come to expect during our training period. Once we are comfortable with the software and have worked through the transition, we will introduce new reports and specialized features to each association.
STAY TUNED: We will keep you apprised of our progress and will share detailed information on the many service enhancements as they occur. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.