With the Holiday shopping season in full swing, I thought I'd share some safety tips to keep you safe and jolly this season.
1. Keep your purse safely tucked under your arm. Don't make it easy for anyone to come by and do a snatch and grab.
2. Keep your keys out and ready. They easily double as weapons and can do quite a bit of damage. Remember to aim for soft spots.
3. Reflections from your car windows can help heighten your awareness. Pay attention to what and who is around your vehicle.
4. Stay focused and in Yellow Awareness which means stay off your cell phone in parking lots, etc. Criminals look for women who are distracted.
5. Trust your sixth sense if something or someone doesn't feel right. Ask for an escort to your car. It is always better to be safe than sorry later on.
6. Validate the guy in delivery uniform showing up at your door. This is a popular ruse by criminals. Be sure you know who is on the other side of that door before you open it.
7. If you carry self defense products like stun guns, pepper sprays or personal alarms, always have them easily accessible and ready.
For more safety tips, please visit our Safety Tips