Dear World T'ai Chi & Qigong Day Supporters,
Thank you so much to ALL World Tai Chi & Qigong Day visionaries, organizers, and participants worldwide. Seeing your photos, videos, and hearing your messages of enthusiasm and hope are moving and inspiring.
This global wave of goodwill; healing qi; and global connection is felt by thousands worldwide each year on that day. But, according to Taoist philosophy and energy awareness that Tai Chi and Qigong are interwoven with, these waves of positive energy ripple out, leaving lasting effects that contribute to the positive flow of our world that can impact events far into the future.
Together, we have again initiated a flow that will ripple out in unseen and unknown ways that we all can be inspired and proud to have been a part of. We are already getting notes from around the world about plans for WTCQD 2013.
This year was a huge year on many fronts, but Greg (WTCQD/WHD programmer) poured his heart and time into upgrading our directory, photo gallery, and also social networking systems.
This was a massive effort by me, Angie, but most importanly Greg.
With any new system, there will be bugs to work out, and I warned everyone of this and appealed to all to "help us" to work them out, with patience.
Although some are more tech saavy than others, and processes with the new system have been no problem for some, others have had to "help us" work out bugs.
I am writing to appeal to all to support Greg in his efforts to help all of us have a better web platform.
One thing that global organizing for 15 years has taught me, is that often right before a BIG BREAKTHROUGH we feel frustration ... and feel like giving up. I remember after the first WTCQD I got a message from the Israeli organizer in Jerusalem, who said that he felt like organizing for the event was like "walking through thick rubber," and then his event was fantastic, beyond what he'd hoped it could be,
Organizing a global connection which we are all doing together on so many levels, isn't easy. If it was, it would have already been done many times.
Yes, Angela and I, too often have doubt, frustration, and yes, we sometimes feel like giving up ... and then one of you will send us a message that will lift us and inspire us to keep going.
As a global community there is a razor's edge, where we can tip one way and dishearten one another, or tip another way, and lift one another.
In our communications, let's breathe, and open to Qi, and lift one another again and again and again, and thereby provide a model for the world of hope and connection.
Thank you all so much for being a healing part of history. Together we are painting a vision of hope in times that can be very trying, and yet so incredibly hopeful and historic as our world becomes "One world ... One breath."
And a special thank you to GREG for believing in this vision!!
One World ... One Breath
Bill & Angela Wong Douglas, co-founders of WTCQD - WHD
Here is how to post your WTCQD 2012 event photos and videos to the Gallery at World Tai Chi Day's website:
Follow these directions to upload the photos to your account:
- Login if not already
- Go to your 'My Photos' page. Click 'My Account'-->'My Photos'
- All photos must be uploaded into a photo album. If you don't have any photo albums yet or want to create a new one, then click 'Create Photo Album' under the submenu bar. If you already have a photo album you want to use to upload photos into, then just click the title of the photo album you want to use
- Click 'Upload Photos' from the submenu bar
- Proceed to upload the photos by either dragging and dropping photo files into the box or clicking 'Add Files' to select which photos to upload.
- Click 'Start Upload'
Next, follow these directions to link your newly uploaded photos to an event album specific for displaying WHD event photos and videos:
Too add event photos or videos you must first upload them to your user account. See the help content under General questions on how to do that.
- Click on 'My Account' --> 'My Event Albums'
- You can either create a new event album or click the title of an exiting album you would like to add photos/videos to. Click 'Creat Event Album' on the submenu bar to create a new album.
- If you've created a new event album, then click 'view your new event album now'
- Once you've created a new album or clicked the title of an existing album, you can now add new 'photo' albums or videos to it.
- To add photo albums, click 'Add/Delete Photo Albums'
- Every photo album that you've created under your 'My Photos' page will be listed. You simple need to select which of these albums you want to be viewable under the event album. You can select more than one photo album.
- Click 'Save'
- To add videos, click 'Add/Delete Videos'
- Every video you've created under your 'My Videos' page will be listed. You simple need to select which of these videos you want to be viewable under the event album. You can select more than one video.
- Click 'Save'
- All Done :)
- AFTER YOUR PHOTOS/VIDEOS ARE UP ON THE GALLERY, PLEASE SEND US THE URL LINK TO THAT PAGE, AND WE'LL INCLUDE THAT LINK IN OUR COMING NEWSLETTERS IN COMING WEEKS.
IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS:
Recent radio program had participants and reports from: Egypt, United Kingdom, Bulgaria, California, Florida, Kansas, New Jersey, Harlem New York, and other cities ... hear NQA founder, Roger Jahnke, explain how we can end world hunger by doing our Tai Chi and Qigong ... click below to listen.