Any of Karen Merry's bi-monthly newsletters can be found and viewed from the archive list below.
- Fall 2010 - Vol.3, No 3
- I have mentioned before, what a balancing act it is for an artist, not only to create the art, but then to promote it.
- Summer 2010 (7/27/10) ~ Vol.3, No.2
- For about two years I have been a member of www.fineartamerica.com a free site for artists. When I joined, there were about 2000+ members. There are now more than 34,000 members and upwards to 700,000 pieces of fine art available to view.
In an effort to seek a wider audience for my work I have also joined www.laartguide.net and www.ocartguide.com.
- Spring 2010 (3/24/10) ~ Vol.3, No.1
- PEN & INK COURSE:
I just completed teaching a five-week course on the care and use of the Rapidograph Technical Pen to create fine art. The course was with OLLI (Osher Lifelong Learning Institute) part of Extended Education of HSU. It was a successful experience for me, as a first time teacher. The students, as beginners, created some spectacular black & white pieces of art. Check out their art in this newsletter.
I am planning to teach during the Fall semester.
- Winter 2009 (11/20/09) ~ Vol. 2, No. 5
- I will be teaching a class through OLLI
(Osher Lifelong Learning Institute) affiliated with HSU.
The 5 week class will be "Pen & Ink Drawing with Rapidograph Pen."
Announcement ~ My paintings on www.FineArtAmerica.com are available to order as cards.
- Summer 2009 (9/11/09) ~ Vol. 2, No. 4
- Amazing painting sale & upcoming shows.
- Summer 2009 - (6/30/09) ~ Vol. 2, No. 3
- The Art in the Garden event should be a wonderful opportunity for you to see and talk with many artists while, at their box easels and with tubes of paint, will be painting en plein air.
- Spring 2009 (5/12/09) ~ Vol. 2, No. 2
- INTEREST IN PEN & INK?
During Arts Alive!, I am often asked about my Pen & Ink art work. People marvel at the level of patience I must have to make so many "little strokes."
- Spring 2009 (3/22/09) ~ Vol. 2, No. 1
- History of the Buhne Building, part 4.
- Winter 2008 (12/11/08) ~ Vol. 1, No. 3
- History of the Buhne Building, part 3.
- Fall 2008 (10/6/08) ~ Vol. 1, No. 2
- History of the Buhne Building, part 2.
- Summer 2008 (9/2/08) ~ Vol. 1, No. 1
- History of the Buhne Building, part 1.
The Buhne Building in which I have my studio/gallery was the first brick three-story building in Eureka in the 1800's.
207 'G' Street, 2nd Floor
Eureka, CA 95501