Welcome Dr. Theresa Ronna, DPM
Kayal Orthopaedic Center is proud to welcome board-certified podiatrist Dr. Theresa Ronna to our surgical team. Raised in Passaic County, Dr. Ronna pursued her love of dance and sports medicine during college. After graduating pre-med from Montclair State University, she attended Columbia University as a graduate student.
In 1992, Dr. Ronna attended the NY College of Podiatric Medicine, where she launched the Podiatric Medical Review and excelled in sports medicine research. After graduating in 1996, she completed her surgical residency at United Hospital/Roseland Surgical Center. Dr. Ronna's resume is impressive and includes:
- Three years treating military members at Naval Hospital Camp Lejuene in North Carolina
- Recipient of the Naval Commendation Award for her work as a podiatrist
- Consultant podiatrist at the Christian Healthcare Center, Holland Christian Home, Preakness Healthcare Center and St. Vincent Nursery
- On-staff positions at St. Joseph's Wayne Hospital, Patient Care Associates and Chilton's West Parkway Surgical Center
- Medical team member for NYC Marathons, Pre-Olympic games, All-Africa Games and the Can-Am Rugby Tournament
Dr. Ronna has trained with several highly regarded sports medicine pioneers, and spent two years in clinical observation with William Hamilton, MD, world-renowned orthopaedic surgeon and the father of dance medicine. She currently resides in Bergen County with her two young boys, and adds a new dimension to the Kayal team due to her extensive expertise in sports and dance podiatry.
Treating patients of all ages, Dr. Theresa Ronna is available for consultation at our Ridgewood and Franklin Lakes offices. To schedule an appointment or speak with her about sports medicine for the foot and ankle, call 201-560-0711 today or visit www.kayalortho.com.