4 cups vegetable stock
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 Tbsp olive oil
8 shallots, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1-1/2 cups arborio rice
1/2 cup white wine
1-1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan
Finely grated zest of 3 lemons
2 Tbsp light cream
Handful of fresh int, coarsely shopped
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For garnish: chopped fresh mint, extra virgin olive oil
* Put the stock in a saucepan. Heat until almost boiling, then reduce heat until barely simmering.
* Heat the butter and oil in a deep skillet or heavy-bottomed saucepan over a medium heat. Add shallots and cook for 1-2 minutes, until softened but not browned. Add garlic.
* Add the rice and stir with a wooden spoon until the rice grains are well coated and glistening, about 1 minute. Pour in the wine and stir until completely absorbed.
* Add 1 ladle of hot stock and simmer, stirring until absorbed. Continue to add stock at intervals and cook as before, until liquid has been absorbed and rice is tender but firm (al dente), about 18-20 minutes.
* Add the parmesan, lemon zest, cream, mint, salt and pepper. Mix well. Remove from heat, cover, and let rest 1-2 minutes.
* Spoon into warmed bowls, top with chopped mint, and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Serve immediately.