Dear Friend of the Arts,
Thank you to everyone who shared their views with the Task Force during the two recent Illinois Arts Council Public Hearings in Chicago on July 30 and in Springfield on August 2. Your input is crucial to the development of our 2013 - 2020 Strategic Plan, which is set to be finalized in November 2012.
If you were unable to attend, but would like to share your views, please submit your written comments to Jerome Grand, Strategic Plan Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, August 16, 2012.
"We need the help of the public to ensure the Illinois Arts Council addresses the needs and aspirations of the people we serve" says Shirley R. Madigan, Illinois Arts Council Chairman.
We would like your input on the following questions:
- Do you feel the arts add value to your life and the well being of your community? If yes, how? If no, why not?
- As you look to the future, what is your vision for what the arts could become in your community? Do you think the IAC should have a role in making that future a reality? If yes, how? If no, why not?
- Are there people in your community who you feel are underserved by the arts? If so, what do you think the IAC should do to help increase their engagement in the arts?
- Given the current economic climate in our state, and given that the IAC has to make hard choices about people and resource allocation, what advice would you give about what IAC priorities should be?
- What economic value would you say the arts bring to your community?
- What answer would you give to why public funding for the arts should be supported?
We look forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas. Your views are vital to the future of the arts in Illinois.