The people of Illinois are invited to share their views on the future of the arts in our state. Please sign up and join the Illinois Arts Council (IAC) at a public hearing that will be attended by the IAC Strategic Plan Task Force. Your input will be crucial to the development of the IAC's 2013-2020 Strategic Plan.
"We need the help of the public to ensure the Illinois Arts Council addresses the needs and aspirations of the people we serve" says Shirley R. Madigan, IAC Chairman. The IAC would like your input on the following:
- Do you feel the arts add value to your life and the well being of your community? If yes, how? If no, why not?
- As you look to the future, what is your vision for what the arts could become in your community? Do you think the IAC should have a role in making that future a reality? If yes, how? If no, why not?
- Are there people in your community who you feel are underserved by the arts? If so, what do you think the IAC should do to help increase their engagement in the arts?
- Given the current economic climate in our state, and given that the IAC has to make hard choices about people and resource allocation, what advice would you give about what IAC priorities should be?
- What economic value would you say the arts bring to your community?
- What answer would you give to why public funding for the arts should be supported?
The hearings are scheduled for:
Monday, July 30, 1:00 - 4:30 p.m. IAC Public Hearing
Chicago Cultural Center, Preston Bradley Hall- Chicago
Thursday, August 2, 9:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. IAC Public Hearing
State Capitol Building, Hearing Room 114 - Springfield
These public hearings are open to the public and all are encouraged to attend. Participants who sign up to share their views will have approximately five-minutes each allotted to address the Task Force. Time is limited, but we will make every effort to accommodate as many people as possible.
If you cannot attend a hearing, but would like to participate in this important process, please follow the link below and there is a section where you may share your written comments.