SelfCare

November 30, 2011

Greetings!

Each year, around this time, we find that the SelfCare e-newsletter gets blocked by several servers, probably as an attempt to reduce emails with any mention of the upcoming month events.

The SelfCare annual events are next week:

  • Dec 6 - Vancouver store
  • Dec 7 - Surrey store
  • Dec 8 - North Shore store

Let Janet know at [email protected] if you can attend one of the events.

Our past issue was blocked by too many. If it did not make it into your inbox, here is a copy: Nov 17 archived issue. It was full of great information on Vicair cushions, mattress inserts, our annual lift chair sale, Safehips and PDG Chairs.

If you did not receive it, can you kindly let your webmaster know that you would like to receive SelfCare e-newsletters. He/she would hopefully be able to add selfcarehome.com to a safe senders list.

Can you also take a moment to let me know if you did not receive the November 17th e-newsletter, and if you did receive it, why you didn't open it? We are continually trying to improve our e-newsletter so that it contains information you need on a timely basis. If you would like to make any other comments about it (and/or our website - www.selfcarehome.com), please do so by emailing me at [email protected].

Of those who received the last issue, we received queries about the advantages of the Safehip 3 pack.

The main difference with the Safehip 3 pack and the previous Safehip products is the introduction of REMOVABLE shields. The advantage of the removable shields is the ability to use a separate set of underwear without an exclusive pair of shields, thus lowering the cost.

The disadvantage of the removable shields is the ability to have one get lost. It is highly recommended NOT to use the 3 pack with REMOVABLE shields in facilities. While the cost for the 3 pair is lower, there are no replacement shields available to purchase separately from the briefs. If a shield is lost, then an entire new set of 3 would need to be purchased.  The HomeCare 3 Pack is $149 (no taxes with a Dr prescription).

For facilities, we have set up a 2 pack with the same soft foam shield SEWN IN. This provides for one pair to wear and one pair in the laundry. With the shields sewn into the brief, there is no risk of one shield getting lost. The 2 pack is $160 (no taxes with a Dr prescription).

We look forward to providing you with useful information throughout the year. Please contact us at any time if you have any comments, questions or topics you want covered by an inservice by emailing [email protected].

Safehip Homecare 3 Pack and 2 Pack

Threshold Ramp 3 Pack: This new value Safehip Home pack offers three pair of briefs and one pair of REMOVABLE soft foam shields for $149.

2 Pack: The Classic (sewn in shields) style Safehips are still available with either Soft Foam shields or the AirX breathable shields. You receive 2 pairs of briefs and 2 pairs of soft foam shields sewn into either the Classic Brief or the Open Brief for $160.

Safehip sweatpants with sewn-in soft shields are now available. Ask SelfCare for more information.

Safehips have no HST when we receive a doctor's prescription. Fax in the Order Form with the doctor's prescription.

> View the Safehip information on SelfCare's website
> View the Safehip Brochure
> Safehip Order Form

Lift Chair Special - $100 off any model

Santa's lift chair From now until December 23, SelfCare is offering $100 off the purchase of any new lift chair. This gives customers the opportunity to choose the lift chair that is the best fit for them rather than focusing on the model on sale. Through the 3 locations, we currently have 15 lift chairs available for customers to trial.

> View a listing of SelfCare's lift chairs
In this issue...
Safehips
Lift Chair Special
Quick Links
Upcoming Events
SelfCare Parties, December 6 to 8.

SelfCare locations will be closed on Monday, December 26th, Tuesday, December 27th and Monday, January 2nd.

International Seating Symposium, March 6 - 8, 2012 - Early bird rate until Jauary 6
Facebook
Join us on Facebook
Contact SelfCare
YES, ...you can reply to this e-mail. It will reach a person. How refreshing! Or call us at 604-872-5800. Need information on a specific product or want to demo a wheelchair? Contact a Seating & Mobility Consultant.
Product NotesVicair Cushions for Rent
  PDG & Comfort Company
Join Our Mailing List
If you have received SelfCare's Newsletter from a colleague and want to be on our mailing list, sign up here!

Did a specific new product spark your interest? Let me know and we'll include it in a product comparison or feature.
Health Care Professional Resources @ SelfCare

Online Access to Resources
You can access our reference and product sheets, inservice RSVPs, and other reference materials online. You will be able to find information on our rental and consignment equipment, staff contacts, plus many other features. Contact Kim Mackie at 604-990-9422 or via email to request a username and password.
In Person Access to ResourcesDo you have a product area - seating, mattresses, tilt wheelchairs or maybe just single products - that you would like to see at a lunch time inservice? We are always available to bring product, reference sheets and lunch to you. Contact Kim Mackie at 604-990-9422 or via email with your inservice request.

SelfCare's Product Line

MOBILITY
Wheelchairs - Bariatric l Lightweight l Power l Rigid l Manual l Tilt in Space
l Ramps l Scooters l Seating & Positioning l Walkers l Miscellaneous l Seating & Positioning
HOME CARE
Beds l Commodes l Lift Chairs l Mattresses & Support Surfaces l Patient Lifts l Personal Care
BATH SAFETY
Bath Lifts l Bath Seats & Transfer Benches l Grab Bars l Raised Toilet Seats l Specialty Items
SelfCare Locations