SelfCare

June 1, 2011

Greetings!

Thanks to everyone who came out to the "Scooters on the Bus" inservices. A Scooters on the Bus Summary is attached as well as our Reference Guide to the Lower Mainland Buses. Thanks to Larry Warcup, Instructor, Vancouver Transit Centre for all his assistance.

Thanks also to Rebecca Lo, OT for organizing the Pressure Mapping Inservice at CareLife Fleetwood. An email of the results has been forwarded to the attendees by Rebecca. If anyone is interested in receiving the results, please contact [email protected].

The newest scooter feature is seat post suspension. Pride has launched the new Celebrity 10DX with suspension and seat post suspension. Handicare is now offering seat post suspension on the 1700 3 wheel scooter and the 1704. Check out the updated Scooter Reference Sheet.

We look forward to providing you with useful information throughout the year. Please contact us at any time if you have any comments, questions or topics you want covered by an inservice by emailing [email protected].

Scooters Reference Sheet - May 2011

ScooterThere are 4 new 2011 scooters included in this reference sheet:
  • Pride Celebrity 10DX - 4 wheel midsize scooter with suspension
  • Pride Pursuit - 4 wheel larger scooter
  • Invacare Pegasus 3 and 4 wheel (check the Archives - March 2011)
  • Invacare Comet - 4 wheel larger scooter
> Scooters Reference Sheet
Celebrity 10DX Product Feature - May 2011

Pride Celebrity 10DXThe new Celebrity 10DX is a great scooter to drive! It offers users the full range of speeds from very slow (yes, really slow) for control in tight situations and still has the speed to keep them happy getting to the mall. We were able to load this onto the Nova bus at the West Vancouver bus depot. This is a great mid range option.

> Celebrity 10DX Product Feature
Scooters on the Bus Summary - May 2011

We came, we went, we took photos. We enjoyed 3 glorious, sunny days to check out scooter access onto the buses of the Lower Mainland. Your new mantra needs to be "two by four". This is a quick and easy size guide for getting a scooter onto the bus. We've also put together a two page handout of Buses of the Lower Mainland.

Please contact Kim Mackie if you would like colour copies. Email your name and where copies can be dropped off to [email protected]. You can also find this on our website/Health Care Professional area under Mobility.

> Scooters on the Bus Summary
> Buses of the Lower Mainland

Scooters on the Bus

Scooters on the Bus

Scooters on the Bus

In this issue...
Scooters Reference Sheet
Celebrity 10DX
Scooter on the Bus Summary
Quick Links
Upcoming Events
September 13: REE 2011
Contact SelfCare
YES, ...you can reply to this e-mail. It will reach a person. How refreshing! Or call us at 604-872-5800. Need information on a specific product or want to demo a wheelchair? Contact a Seating & Mobility Consultant.
Join Our Mailing List
If you have received SelfCare's Newsletter from a colleague and want to be on our mailing list, sign up here!
Facebook
Join us on Facebook
Product NotesScooters...
EATI Funding ...
MyOn...
Health Care Professional Resources @ SelfCare

Online Access to Resources
You can access our reference and product sheets, inservice RSVPs, and other reference materials online. You will be able to find information on our rental and consignment equipment, staff contacts, plus many other features. Contact Kim Mackie at 604-990-9422 or via email to request a username and password.

In Person Access to Resources
Do you have a product area - seating, mattresses, tilt wheelchairs or maybe just single products - that you would like to see at a lunch time inservice? We are always available to bring product, reference sheets and lunch to you. Contact Kim Mackie at 604-990-9422 or via email with your inservice request.
SelfCare's Product Line

MOBILITY
Wheelchairs - Bariatric l Lightweight l Power l Rigid l Manual l Tilt in Space
l Ramps l Scooters l Seating & Positioning l Walkers l Miscellaneous l Seating & Positioning
HOME CARE
Beds l Commodes l Lift Chairs l Mattresses & Support Surfaces l Patient Lifts l Personal Care
BATH SAFETY
Bath Lifts l Bath Seats & Transfer Benches l Grab Bars l Raised Toilet Seats l Specialty Items
SelfCare