SelfCare Logo
Product News
February 23, 2010
Greetings!

In this issue, we update you on SelfCare's RIDE Designs certification, and continue our funding update with VAC (Veterans Affairs Canada).

Thanks to everyone who came out to the inservices on Backs & Headrests. The two reference sheets for the Backs, which list 44 backs, are included here. There is still one session tomorrow at the SelfCare Vancouver location.

Thanks to Kimberley McMane for providing this quick solution for caregiver back pain.

We look forward to providing you with useful information throughout the year.  Please contact us at any time if you have any comments, questions or topics you want covered by an inservice by emailing [email protected].

RIDE Custom Cushions & Backs Certified

Renee Bjornson, Kristy Strocher and Chris Erskine recently attended the Ride Designs Custom Seating Systems certification program in Denver. SelfCare has been an authorized Ride Designs supplier and this increases the options available with custom solutions.

Please contact Renee, Kristy or Chris if you require further assistance.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Problem Solved - Caregiver Too Tall

Listening to the client's needs!

The handles on this Breezy 600 weren't tall enough to provide a comfortable, ergonomic height for the caregivers. The SelfCare Tech Department modified them with stroller handles from the Fuze so it could still fold with the extra handle height. The caregivers are extremely happy with the change.

Fuzehandles fuzehandles

The SelfCare contact for this was Kimberley McMane at [email protected].
Veteran's Affairs Canada

Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC - formerly DVA) offers a wide range of services and benefits to: qualified Veterans, Canadian Forces (CF) members, serving and discharged members of the RCMP, certain civilians, and their families. Many of the medical benefits are available under Programs of Choice. Here is a link to the listing. All the SelfCare locations are VAC providers and can be contacted to arrange approvals for medical equipment for veterans.

> Funding Sources - VAC is a quick program overview.
Reference Sheet -Wheelchair Backs and Wheelchair Back 350 Lbs+

backsNeed a back for a wheelchair? Here is a listing of 44 backs, including a separate reference sheet for backs with a weight capacity of 350 lbs plus.

> Backs Reference Sheet
> Backs 350 Lbs+ Reference Sheet

SelfCare's Circuit Training - Backs & Headrests - February 24th

SelfCare Mobility ButtonStill one session left in our Circuit Training, Backs & Headrests. Stop by and see the sessions you want while you have lunch. Head-to-head product comparisons give you an opportunity to review a wide range of product quickly.

There is no cost to participants and parking has been very easy during the Olympics. Additional parking is available at the back of the store off the alley. Please call Janet at 604-990-9422 and let her know you will be coming so we can have enough food and handouts.

Drop in format between 11:30am and 1:00pm.
  • Vancouver SelfCare Store - Wednesday, February 24th
Please RSVP so we have enough lunch for everyone!
Thank you for using SelfCare. Please call us for any equipment inquiries or to book an equipment demonstration. We have a wide range of demo and rental equipment.
In this issue...
RIDE Certified
Problem Solved - Tall caregiver
Funding Update - VAC
Reference - Wheelchair Backs
Backs & Headrests Circuit Training
Request an Inservice

Ask for a short 15 minute inservice on the two pressure monitors for ROHO cushions, or any other topic of your choice - email Kim Mackie to book a time.
Contact SelfCare

YES, ...you can reply to this e-mail. It will reach a person. How refreshing! Or call us at 604-872-5800.

Need information on a specific product or want to demo a wheelchair? Contact a Seating & Mobility Consultant.

Our website includes a member login area for Health Care Professionals. With a username and password you can access our reference and product sheets, inservice RSVPs, and other reference materials online. You will be able to find information on our rental and consignment equipment, staff contacts, plus many other features. Contact Kim Mackie at 604-990-9422 or via email to request a username and password.
SelfCare Logo
Join Our Mailing List
If you have received SelfCare's Newsletter from a colleague and want to be on our mailing list, sign up here!
Upcoming Inservices
'10 Inservices
Backs & Headrests - Lunchtime circuit training

11:30am - 1:00pm
Vancouver SelfCare Store - Wednesday, February 24th

SelfCare Store Locations & Parking

- Sechelt - 5654 Dolphin Street - easy parking everywhere
- Vancouver - 43 West 6th Avenue - lots of free parking
in the back of the store off the alley
- Surrey - #108A, 17533 64th Avenue - parking in front of the store
- North Vancouver - 1340 Pemberton Avenue - parking to the south side of the building or to the back of the building

Call Kim Mackie at 604-990-9422 or email Kim to book an inservice for your facility or organization.
SelfCare Mobility ButtonSelfCare Home CareSelfCare Bed Button

Vancouver SelfCare:
43 West 6th Avenue, Vancouver, BC  V5Y 1K2
T: 604-872-5800 F: 604-872-8388  E: [email protected]

North Vancouver SelfCare:
1340 Pemberton Avenue, North Vancouver, BC  V7P  2R7
T: 604-990-9422  F: 604-990-9424  E: [email protected]

Surrey SelfCare:
#108A, 17533 64th Avenue, Surrey, BC  V3S 1Y8
T: 604-574-5801  F: 604-574-5805  E: [email protected]

Sechelt SelfCare:
5654 Dolphin Street, Sechelt, BC  V0N 3A0
T: 604-741-9920  F: 604-741-9921  E: [email protected]